how can I get telemarketers to leave me alone!?

theres this one lady from capital one who keeps calling, at least twice a day. I keep telling her no, but she keeps calling back. how can i get her to leave me alone!? and i cant screen calls because i dont have caller id! ANy tips on getting her to go away would be great! thanks!

Best Answer

You need to register with the TPS

Telephone Preference Scheme

You are signing yourself up for a database which basically says 'i withdraw my consent for companies to call me unless I have given them consent'.

Call centres are meant to cross-reference their database with the TPS databse. So if your name shows up on the TPS they aren't meant to ring you.

UNLESS they have your consent to call.

SO next time Cap1 call you, say 'I am registered with the TPS and I withdraw my consent for you to call me again - please remove me from your database - if you call again I will report you to the relevant authorities - this is a formal final warning - so do NOT call me again' those are the magic words.

They should never call you again if they do it will be illegal.

Report them to the TPS. And they will come down on them like a ton of bricks.

• ifilmu

registerwith the Nation Do Not Call LIst, it takes 90 days t activate however, I sgiend up 2 years go when it went into effetc had over those 2 years i have gotten 2 calls, rmember if you had service with someone any company they can still call u for 2 yearsafter you cancell business withthem

I ask them to remove me from their calling list. I also signed up for the national Do Not Call list. I definitely get fewer calls now.

hi Honey.. I by no skill had one that referred to as extra advantageous than purely as quickly as, some i've got by no skill heard from lower back..Do you have a telephone-butler?? I do.. Works good plus you may software something on it you choose, there is on out now that a MP3 type, too costly..:-)) Have a great weekend hon

You can go to www.donotcall.gov and register your phone. After you are on the registry, they can not call. If they do, you can file suit and collect damages.

Source(s): www.donotcall.gov

my husband will entertain them as though he is interested then he asks them to hold on and never returns to the phone or pretends to fall asleep and will "snore" into the phone.