Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Your First Day As President, You Would Do What?

Specifically not "fix the economy"

Your number one priority?

Favorite Answer

1. arrest bush for treason and war crimes .. ship him off to forign country for trial cus he could not get a fair trial in corrupt america

2. by executive order suspend whatever could be suspended that was enacted in bush's regieme

3. investigagte the fraud and corruption of the bush years.. especially the hijacking of an amreican election that got bush in power.

3. try to get the justices he appointed removed else the corrupt stain of bush will remain for decades.

4. declair the war on drugs over.. it would be a medical problem now all former agencys that enforced drug laws would be reverted to corporate oversight for corrpution / tax fraud etc

5. waterboard bush's entire administration for training purposes...So they could recognize torture when they see it... yes yes.. and to punish them for past crimes...or if they decline waterboarding i would arrest them and toss them in jail for undetermined amout of time.. with no habias corpus.. guantomino bay would be a good place for this.. even ship a few off to syria for expanded waterboarding etc..

6. free all illegal detainee's

7 comply with all international laws and treatys approved by congress

8 fire every bush apointee.. the guy hired based on friendship loyalty and sworn allegiance to himself not the constitution or the american people.. they would also be investigated for corruption in office/war crimes.

9. change the management in the cia so i didnt get assasinated

10. announce my intent for siingle payer universal not for profit health care.. based on the active duty military health care system.

11. talk to the american people.. tell them what their elected officials have been doing to screw them

12 announce my intent of all education being free thru college.. college requirements only being grades. education is an investment in americas future.. worth every penny.

13. nationalize the nations energy providers.. tired of them ripping us all off .. selling our own resources back to us.. .. hoover damn.. tennesee valley authority.. etc would be the example of future energy providers.. not for profit. rather for the benefit of all citizens

14 announce a massive all out, apoillo program, manhatten program like effort to destroy human virus and enhance human longevity

15. announce the same as above but for a goal of near limitless free clean energy for the future.

16 announce a 10 year goal for the total independance from oil and coal. since these industrys will be nationalized and not for profit.. this goal would have fewer obsticals.

17. close the borders and deport the criminals illegally in the country.. seize their assets and deport them

18. fine american companys who move assets overseas or who downsize employees. penalize corporate profits and executive salarys for companys that do so.. i dont knwo the specific laws.. so i would use a method that was legal yet accomplished similar objectives.. it would not be profitable for abandoning the american worker in the name of profits.

19 begin massive effort to break up the microsoft monopoly and it's crippling grip on the computer hardware/software.

20 disband the health care insurance industry.. they are leeches robbing us of health care for their own personal profit. nixon created it "a system where the company profits by denying health care".. ya nixon loved it. it's on the nixon tapes.

21 require than anything required by law.. be non profit.. or not required. Ie auto insurance..

• dempsy

If the college has had too many days off already this iciness, that's positive to apply President's Day for a snow makeup day. If the college keeps putting those makeup days directly to the top of the 12 months they won't get state help or some state and national exams(regents, SATs, or different tests) won't have the flexibility to be taken and used for those that prefer them to get into college, for the subsequent college 12 months, or different considerable issues.

I'd read the traditional note left in the office desk from the former president, laugh, get on the phone and put out an Executive Order sending in a squadron wing of B-52s and one B1-D into Moscow to invite former Premier Putin to a BBQ at Crawford, Texas. Come as you are.

Lock Congress in a room until they come out with a sensible corporate tax rate and not one that leads the world. I would remind them that Canada and Mexico both have very sensible rates, along with most other countries. No company in their right mind would come to the United States to open a business and the companies that are here and capable are leaving in droves or outsourcing.

Call every Cabinet Secretary, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the head of the CIA and tell them that they will be given one hour to brief me on the things I need to know. I will ask for further briefings based on the results of the initial briefings.

Only after I am satisfied that I know what is currently happening and why it is happening that way will I consider changing anything.

I would appoint someone to invent the automatic guillotine, and i'd put it to very good use.

America is completely and utterly screwed, and the people are going to just sit back and do nothing.

Get ready for the NAU.

• ?

I'd pull a Clinton. I get a box of cigars and two or three interns and party in the oval office. Then I'd have all the illegals rounded up and shipped out.

Probably figure out what box I packed my Family Guy DVD's in.

Abolish the national income tax and set up a national sales tax instead. Then I would decriminalize marijuana, tax the crap out of it and use that money to fund our schools. I would try to get rid of the electoral college as well. Then on day two I would do as Bush does and take a vacation.

1) Order the return of all troops from all across the entire globe and deploy them along the US-mexico border

2) Start working with congress/senate on bipartisan bills for:

a) eliminate income tax, replace with national sales tax

b) meaningful campaign finance reform

c) closer oversight and more transparency into the Us treasury.

d) balanced buget amendment

The list goes on and on