What are some good colleges in Ohio?

I searched online and I didn't get much.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

While their lists are very comprehensive, I feel that you should decide on what type of environment you would want the college to be in. (I must add Otterbein to their lists)

For example, Ohio State is one of the largest universities in the US with over 50,000 students. The middle group is Miami University with 15,000. And the small, with Hiram, University of Findlay (and many more) with approx. 2,000.

There are a lot of choices, but it seems like the more popular, prestigious schools are:

1. Ohio State, Columbus (obvious choice, Fisher school of business is one of the top, excellent sports and nightlife. can be a bit distracting if trying to study.)

2. Miami University, Oxford (public ivy that is consistently on national rakings, outside of Cincinnati but beautiful campus. Business, art and liberal sciences focus.)

3. University of Cincinnati (I would be wary of the surroundings if you're a girl, it's not in the best area of Cincinnati. A lot of violence.)

4. Ohio University, Athens (much like Miami, similar size and academics. OU is known for it's massive Halloween party each year. They have a great journalism program that's nationally recognized)

5. Bowling Green, Bowling Green (in the middle of no-where. literally. Education program is one of the best in the nation)

6. Case Western, Cleveland (great school, focus on engineering and the hard-sciences)

I know there are many smaller ones that I left off this list, but if you want to learn more about them, just Google the name and go to their website. Colleges would love to have you visit them and understand their atmosphere.

-word of the wise. look at the U.S. news and college rankings.

while peterson.com is a good resource to have, you can't fully depend on it.

good luck.

Source(s): Me, all of the colleges I visited when looking for the right one and visiting friends. (Miami student)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well it depends what type of degree you are looking to fulfill, but here are some colleges/universities that are overall very qualified:

Kent State University

Ashland University

Ohio State University

Ohio University

Oberlin College

Youngstown State University

Bowling Green State University

John Carroll University

Miami University

Ohio Wesleyan University

Xavier University

Otterbein University.

You can also use a search engineer that will tailor the search to what you are looking for. Try:

www.collegeboard.com

www.theprincetonreview.com

Good Luck!!!

• 1 decade ago

There are lots of good colleges in Ohio. Go to www.petersons.com, the online version of the standard Peterson's Guides. It has an excellent search capability that will help you pinpoint just the kind of college you want. When you get to the main page, click on Advanced Search and you'll be able to search by state, by type of college, by size, and by lots and lots of other factors that might be important to you. Enjoy!

Source(s): www.petersons.com I work in higher ed.
  • 5 years ago

Many people steer away from DSLR cameras because they feel daunted by the range of technical capabilities that these seemingly complex cameras offer, but in actuality, learning to use a DSLR camera is simple when you are supported and guided by the expertise of a professional photographer. Go here https://tr.im/kkKA9

This highly practical course will teach you the technical skills needed to operate a DSLR camera correctly, as well as help you to apply these skills in practice. In addition, you will receive feedback from a professional photographer and fellow aspiring photographers through a supportive and unique online learning format. The course offers an exciting opportunity for individuals wanting to explore the world of digital photography, improve their picture-taking abilities and produce high-quality photographs, whether for personal or professional pursuit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Raccomended Photo Course http://teres.info/ProPhotographyCourse/?x7PU
  • 1 decade ago

good job natalie, but you forgot about

Akron University

Malone college

Mount Union

Hiram College

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.