What does Prophet Muhammad s.a.w look like?

with trustful resources k....

Update:

just description not portray.

Update 2:

any riwayah from his companions about his appearance?cause I heard some last year but wasn't totally sure about it.

Update 3:

good

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We will quote below a number of ahaadeeth which describe the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If what you in your dream is in accordance with this, then you did indeed see the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because he said: "Whoever sees me in a dream has really seen me, because Shaytaan cannot appear in my image." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5729).

Rabee'ah ibn Abi 'Abd al-Rahmaan said: "I heard Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) describing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: 'He was of average height, not too tall and not too short, with a pinkish colour, not very white and not dark, and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight. The Revelation came to him when he was forty years old, and he stayed in Makkah for ten years after the Revelation came, then in Madeenah for ten years. When he died, there were no more than twenty white hairs on his head and in his beard." (al-Bukhaari, 3283).

Al-Baraa' ibn 'Aazib said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was broad shouldered and had thick hair coming down to his shoulders and earlobes. He was wearing red garments. I have never seen anything more beautiful than him." (Reported by Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, Baab Sifat Sha'r al-Nabi (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), no. 2338).

'Ali said: "He was neither tall nor short, and had large hands and feet. He had a large head and was big-boned, and the thin line of hair (starting from his chest and extending to the navel) was long. When he walked, he would lean forward, as if he was walking downhill. I have never seen anyone like him, before or since." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3570, who said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

Jaabir ibn Samurah said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was dalee' al-fam, ashkal al-'ayn and manhoos al-'aqib." Shu'bah said: "I asked Maalik, 'What is dalee' al-fam?' He said: 'Wide-mouthed.' I asked, 'What is ashkal al-'ayn?' He said, 'Big-eyed.' I asked, 'What is manhoos al-'aqib?' He said, 'His heels were not fleshy.'" (Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, 2339).

As for the sin which you committed in the house of your brothers, repent to Allaah for this. If you took something that belongs to them, then give it back. And Allaah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

he have dreams about Muhammad S.A.W

Attachment image
  • 1 decade ago

eh my friend had showed me a site about how the prophet looked....im pretty sure it was legit, but ill have to get back to you on that when i next speak with the guy....which might be never! so good luck finding out >.<

edit: okies good, sahar supplied what i was looking for =)

• 1 decade ago

salaam

there is no real reference to his appearance because it is irrelevant the prophet never had his photo taken or anything like that for us to know

his message is important but his appearance isn't important

but if you really want to know he probably had Arab features since he is from the middle east

peace and much love

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He was slightly taller than a man of middle height, but shorter than a tall person.

His head was moderately large.

His hair was slightly twisted. If his hair became parted naturally in the middle he left it so, otherwise he did not habitually make an effort to part his hair in the middle. Occasionally he used to part his hair in the middle with a comb etc. When the hair of the prophet was abundant, it used to pass over his ear- lobes)

His had a very luminous complexion color with pinky cheeks and lips,

He had a wide forehead.

He had dense and fine hair on his eye brows. Both eye brows were seperate and did not meet each other in the middle. There was a vein between them that used to expand when he became angry.

His nose was prominent and had a luster on it. When one first looked at him, it seemed as if he had a large nose, but looking at it carefully showed that the luster and beauty made it look large, otherwise in itself the nose was not large.

His beard was full and dense.

The pupil of his eye was black.

His cheeks were full and full of flesh.

His mouth was moderately wide.

His teeth were thin and bright. The front teeth had a slight space between them.

There was a thin line of hair from the chest to the navel.

His neck was beautiful and thin, like the neck of a statue shaved clean, the colour of which was clear, shining and beautiful like silver.

All the parts of his body were of moderate size, and fully fleshed.

His body was proportionately jointed.

His chest and stomach were in line, but his chest was broad and wide.

The space between his shoulders was wide.

The bones of his joints were strong and large (denoting strength).

Between the chest and navel there was a thin line of hair. Besides this line neither the chest nor the stomach had other hair on it. Both sides, the shoulders and the upper portion of the chest had hair.

His forearm was long and palms were wide and fleshed.

His both feet were fully fleshed.

The fingers and toes were moderately long.

The soles of his feet were a bit deep.

His feet were smooth, because of their cleanliness and smoothness the water did not remain there but flowed away quickly. When he walked, he lifted his legs with vigor, leaned slightly forward and placed his feet softly on the ground.

He walked at a quick pace and took rather a long step. He did not take small steps. When he walked it seemed as if he was descending to a lower place.

When he looked at something he turned his whole body towards it.

He always looked down. His sight was focused more to the ground than towards the sky. His modest habit was to look at something with a light eye, i.e. he looked at a thing, with modesty and bashfulness, hence he did not stare at anything.

While walking he asked his companions to walk in front, and he himself walked behind. He greeted whomsoever he met."

http://imageofmuhammad.com/en/index.php?option=com...

Source(s): i need the 10 points
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We do not describe what he looked like because it is irrelavent to Islam. He was a messenger of God. HIs message holds significance. His appearnce is irrelavent

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think anyone knows...he wanted it that way.

he forbade images of himself so that he would not be worshipped like a god. therefore, no real discription is there and i would not easily trust whatever anyone tells you.

other than that...Arab

• Lv 5
    1 decade ago

We never know.

Because he forbidden the pictures of himself, so we can't see him.

He cannot be seen.

• Hope
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It doesn't matter what he looked like but I bet he was buff.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Like a badr.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.