Hi - I have a '99 Chrysler mini van it is low on transmission fluid...I can't find where to pour in the fluid?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Be absolutely SURE not to use Dexron. Use ONLY ATF+3 or ATF+4 (I am not sure what the cutoff year is for the switch from 3 to 4). Dexron kills Chrysler transmissions, which is a large part of why they have such a horrible transmission reputation. I know ATF+3 is available at parts stores, and I have heard the same about ATF+4, although I thought it was a dealer only item. ATF+4 is backward compatible with ATF+3, and is fully synthetic, whereas ATF+3 is semi-synthetic.

Check the links below for repair info and ATF info.

This is prob the reason they made it difficult to add ATF-so you don't add the wrong stuff. Better low ATF than wrong ATF.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The transmission dipstick where you check the fluid level for the transmission is the same spot where you put the fluid in use a thin funnel that fits the hole.

Source(s): Chrysler
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It goes in the transmission dip stick tube. You need a transmission funnel to put it in.

Source(s): Chrysler Service Tech
  • 1 decade ago

dont underfill or overfill, get it right in the hashmarks, because if you overfill transmission fluid you will cause damage to it, so be careful how much you put in

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I have the same van, it is located here :) (the cap is unmarkd for some silly reason

http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/KenHiebert/KenHie...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.