Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What are your thoughts on a Private School with the Holy Mother's name "St.Mary's" discriminate against women?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3...

They wouldn't let a female Referee officiate the Boys Basketball game because she was a woman...and they don't accept women in an authority role.

Best Answer

What a farce. If I was one of the parents of a player or a player I would be pissed. Made to loose a game because of some BS reason that is nothing more than sexual discrimination. I wonder what kind of people send their kids to that school and if they are as messed up as this ruling or decision by their athletic director to not let the female ex police officer turned Ref officiate a lousy basketball game. I bet the state doesn't allow them to replay or reschedule that game either....why should they. Chock it up as a loss for St.Mary's basketball. And if there was a spare official in the stands that filled in I hope St.Mary's lost. Call it kharma.

via fact Mary did no longer officiate. She became into the kit supervisor. it is humorous while an area tale is going national. I stay no longer a ways from St. Mary's. it is been interior the KC paper for over each week now. thoughts like this are often over-simplified to attraction to the indignation of the plenty, yet hence issues are so effortless as they're being portrayed. officers on the Catholic church objected to a woman having authority over the lads. i ask your self how they clarify the finished nun as instructor component.

Because Mary didn't officiate. She was the equipment manager.

It's funny when a local story goes national. I live not far from St. Mary's. It's been in the KC paper for over a week now.

Stories like this are often over-simplified to appeal to the indignation of the masses, but in this case things are as simple as they are being portrayed. Officials at the Catholic church objected to a female having authority over the boys. I wonder how they explain the whole nun as teacher thing.

Source(s): pd

Great! I can just imagine what those boys have to recite when they graduate from the school!

[School Administrators] Repeat after me boys!

Women are not human beings. They are devices put here by the Lord, our Father, for our amusement! Amen! Now go out into the world and be the best womanizer you can be! Make us all proud.

Absolutely, hog wash, I went to a school called St Mary's and I was never discriminated against....

It's a Society of Saint Paul X school. In my diocese, SSPX are excommunicated Catholics -- extremists if you will. Extremists always discriminate against somebody, so that explains it.

Just so you know that it isn't Catholic and in fact is opposed to the Catholic Church...and most importantly of all...many people now howling about this incident were at one time abusing the Catholic Church when they were trying to get these former Catholics to behave... Freedom, freedom, freedom -- to the point of slavery.

I don't really find that just...God wants us to submit to our husbands and be modest not to the boy's basketball team lol.

Source(s): Peace be with you! Eastern Orthodox Christian

Personally, I think it is discrimination. ==HOWEVER== Since it is a private school ..... boycott them you don't like their rules.

I think it is funny