I wish to buy a PC with a speed of 3.6 GHz or more. Which shall i buy?

I wish a fast pc with good graphics. Please help.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well, if you want a fast pc....you will want to avoid only paying attention to the ghz frequency the cpu uses. It isn't really a good way of describing the speed of a cpu anymore. Nowadays, with multi-cores all over the place, you will want to pay more attention to things like L2 cache and manufacturing tech (like 65nm or 45nm) The only cpu i can think of that runs stock at 3.6 is an old p4...and there are plenty of "faster" chips on the market. for example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

if you notice, that cpu runs stock at 3ghz..but it is a dual-core so there are 2 cpus ... both running at 3ghz. that doesnt give you an aggregate frequency of 6ghz...simply 2 cpus at 3. Now, that being said, that chip will do literally 2 things at once. Whereas an old 3.6ghz p4 can only do 1. Also notice that the wolfdale has 6mb L2 cache? That is a 6mb buffer that the cpu will use, like system ram (only hella faster) and will not have to access system memory for things that it knows it will need. Additionally, notice that is is built on a 45nm architecture? That means that is uses smaller transistors. Smaller transistors equals less power consumption....which in turn equals less heat. With less heat, you are able to overclock a chip. That wolfdale can easily hit the 3.6ghz mark if that is important to you, but its stock freq will more than suffice.

• 1 decade ago

You should definetly buy a Intel CORE 2 QUAD with at least 2.0 Ghz(it'll work like 8 Ghz cause it has 4 Cores) It's the best option if not a Core 2 Extreme or Core 2 Duo with 2.5 Ghz would be nice( it'll work like 5 Ghz cause it has 2 Cores) Hope it helps!

• 1 decade ago

Depends what you want; a total speed of 3.6 Ghz is easy; my pc is 2.4, but as it is quad core it is effectively 9.6 Ghz. Otherwise try getting something like a 3.3Ghz CPU with excellent cooling and overclock it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dell xps range. bit pricey but if u cant build ur own its the best bet. also wide enough range $800 cpu to $5000 for top of range with everything

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

make one, order parts and get some store to build it :D

Alienware is over priced.

• 1 decade ago

computors deal with ram not GHz- no such pc unless you build it yourself

• 1 decade ago

you should check out the Alienware computers

http://alienware.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.