What can be done to solve the ongoing conflict of the Middle East?

Yes, there is a problem... but is there anything that can be done? What would you suggest?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

This is the million-dollar question. I honestly don't know. These people hate Americans. Many of them do at least. They are fighting for their religion, so we cannot break them, we cannot(and should not)kill them all. Perhaps by withdrawing troops from Iraq, and eventually Afghanistan, and then trying to improve relations with Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon etc....that is the question of the world right now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First of all, your question should be pluralized...there are ongoing conflictS in the middle east (more than one conflict). Each one deserves it's own special response. The problems are much too deeply rooted to be compressed under one question, they deserve separate treatment.

But as a US citizen, If I had my druthers, I would want my government to follow the hypocratic oath, namely "first do no harm"...before endeavoring to invade a country like Iraq, realize that these are fragile socieites and using miiltary might can often break them apart unleash uncontrollable forces...

So solving the problems would be first do no harm

Next way to solve the problems is to seriously, seriously consider the opinion of the people there. In other words, don't come with your own solutions, your own interests (Read oil) but sincerly seek out what they want and what they need.

Finally, and again I am dealing with broad brush strokes here since your question was vague, I would seriously consider dealing with the Israeli issue first and foremost since it creates such a "domino effect" throughout the region...the plight of the palestinians is a lightening rod issue in every middle east country...

• 1 decade ago

Many very well meaning and intelligent people in many governments around the world have made attempts to 'solve' this conflict over a very long time.

Until the the belief structures of the various peoples of the region come to be inclusive rather than exclusive there will be no end to the conflict.

• 1 decade ago

Just withdraw the f*ck out of there. Iraq already has an elected government, they already have a capable police force, they are trying to improve their reconciliation, and constrction improvement in the region. And al-Qaeda is only a small percentage there. The ones who are trying to kick us out of their land are the muslims, whether they are Sunni, or Shiite. Just take off every g*d damn base we have installed there, and improve relations with Iran, Egypt, Syria by using diplomacy, not war.

Read 9/11 Commission Report.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depopulate the Arabs by almost 100%. It is hard to deal with a people that on a whole have a 30% literacy rate and have not written a book since 1300 AD.

• 1 decade ago

Stay and kill as many terrorists as we can. Help Iraq set up a stable government. We can do lots of things. Pulling out is not an option though. It will only make things worse.

• x x
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Let them fight it out among them selves. They hate the Jews more then they love their own children. Until that is reversed it will never change.

Remember, if the muslims put down their weapons there will be peace, if the Jews put down their weapons they will be massacred!

• 1 decade ago

This will never be solved since it based on hatred and passed on generation after generation.

What can be done? fight evil until you die.

• 1 decade ago

Three or four well-placed nuclear warheads should do the trick. Let's turn the place into the world's largest glass factory.

Nuke 'em 'til they glow, then nuke 'em one time mo'!

• Dave M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Stop on conditional support of Israel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.