Who is responsible for buying wedding rings in a relationship?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Normally the groom does this, but anyone can do it if they wish.

When my fiancee and I get our rings, it'll probably be a joint decision and purchase.

Asker's Rating & Comment

3 out of 5
THANK YOU ALL
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (22)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • jesusrocks answered 6 years ago
    the groom buys the wifes ring and the wife buys the grooms ring - atleast that's what my wife and I did
    • 3
    • Comment
  • DC61 answered 6 years ago
    I want us to choose them together and I will pay for his and he will pay for mine.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Bonnie G answered 6 years ago
    The man buys the engagement ring. Then the couple picks bands out together, or they buy 1 for each other, him for her vice versa.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Paula Christine answered 6 years ago
    The husband usually buys the wedding band and engagement ring for the woman and the wife buys her husband the wedding band.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Christi G answered 6 years ago
    The man should buy the engagement ring. Traditionally, the groom purchases the bride's wedding band, and the bride purchases the groom's band. However, it's becoming more and more common for the couple to purchase the bands together, sometimes signifying the merging of both lives by the couple making their first major purchase together.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • kgracedouglass answered 6 years ago
    I think in years past, it was traditional for the bride and groom to each buy their spouse-to-be their ring.

These days, I would think whatever the bride and groom agree on. If you can't agree, well, guess what? That will be the first of many compromises you will make for the rest of your lives. ARE YOU READY?
    • 3
    • Comment
  • CBT Princess answered 6 years ago
    you buy each others
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Marra's mommy answered 6 years ago
    My hubby and I chose our rings together. We wanted to make sure we both got something we'd like. And it was a really nice memory for both of us because we did it together.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • D_ answered 6 years ago
    My husband picked out my engagement ring and surprised me with it when he proposed. We picked the other rings out together. I don't remember who paid. It didn't really matter because we had joint accounts by that time anyway.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• mynxr answered 6 years ago
    The groom purchases the bride's ring and the bride purchases the groom's ring.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • simplyME answered 6 years ago
    Traditionally the bride buys the grooms & the groom buys the bride's but hey its the 21st century so go by however is comfortable for the both of you. Good Luck!!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • esn1267 answered 6 years ago
    The couple generally purchase each other's ring. He buys hers..she buys his.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • jessiekarma answered 6 years ago
    Bride buys groom's ring. Groom buys bride's engagement and wedding band.

Source(s):

6-14-08
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • La Vie Boheme answered 6 years ago
    Couples pick out and buy their own rings.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • browneyes_248 answered 6 years ago
    the mens or his parents but now adays it doesnt matter.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Stiffler answered 6 years ago
    Traditionally it is the groom, but these days it is common for the couple to go shopping together or the bride buys the grooms, the groom buys the brides.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • kill_yr_television answered 6 years ago
    This should just be happening via mutual good-will and common goals. If the getting married process has become a series of power struggles over who pays for what, I'd give serious thought to whether or not you want to spend the rest of your life in similar power struggles about who takes the garbage out, who runs the errands, and what new car to choose.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ○•○•Cassie•○•○ answered 6 years ago
    Usually the groom but my fiancee and I have had a joint acct. for about 1 1/2 years so I guess "we" will be buying them.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Tina P answered 6 years ago
    the man aka the groom
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • bad night answered 6 years ago
    men or parents or anyone has money.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Lesego M answered 6 years ago
    The man is responsible as long asyou have told him what kind of ring you expect.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • hugsandhissyfits answered 6 years ago
    The man its polite if he spends three months salary on the ring.Don't let him jip you.

Source(s):

he gave me his moms ring..lol
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock