Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 decade ago

Getting more EASY horsepower out of a 1979 Ford Mustang 302 V8?

Does anyone out there have any tips on how to get more than the stock 140 HP out of my 1979 5.0 L V8 Mustang?

I don't want anything drastic, just a few easy to do things to free up some of the HP thats hidden in my engine.

Best Answer

use afr 185 cylinder heads and you will gain minimum 50 hp none of your other suggestions compare. then add nitrous for even more

O man I know every trick on these cars. Let me tell you first of all that camshaft thats in there is the biggest reason why its gutless. Change out the cam for a performer cam and lifters. That will help out sooooo much. So lets say you did the camshaft swap. This is the other easier things to do. Get on ebay find used stock... double hump transmission cross memeber, stock h pipe, stock headers. Those would have to come off of stock 86 to 93 mustangs. Then buy a intake manifold you should sit at 240 hp.

Penny stocks are loosely categorized companies with share prices of below $5 and with market caps of under $200 million. They are sometimes referred to as "the slot machines of the equity market" because of the money involved. There may be a good place for penny stocks in the portfolio of an experienced, advanced investor, however, if you follow this guide you will learn the most efficient strategies https://tr.im/4ed13

The easy to do thing would be change the carb, headers and exhauset, ignition, cold air kit, and cut the weight of the car.

1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 is the firing order. There isn't much in the way of wiring under the hood of a '71 Stang either.

Headers, x-pipe & flowmasters

Dual plane intake

Underdrive pulleys

K&N filter