Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What thirteen nations did Israel defeat in 1967?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul W
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. This conflict is known as the "6 Day War."

• 1 decade ago

the "6 days war" also known as the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, the Third Arab-Israeli War, Six Days' War, an‑Naksah (The Setback), or the June War, was fought between Israel and Arab neighbors Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. The nations of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Algeria also contributed troops and arms to the Arab forces.

In May 1967, Egypt expelled the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) from the Sinai Peninsula, which had been stationed there since 1957 (following the 1956 Sinai invasion to allow for a free Suez Canal), to provide a peace-keeping buffer zone. In reaction to Israeli-Syrian tensions, Egypt amassed 1000 tanks and 100,000 soldiers on the border, closed the Straits of Tiran to all ships flying Israeli flags or carrying strategic materials, and called for unified Arab action against Israel. In response, on June 5, 1967, Israel launched a pre-emptive attack against Egypt's airforce. Jordan, which had signed a mutual defence treaty with Egypt on May 30, then attacked western Jerusalem and Netanya. At the war's end, Israel had gained control of the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, eastern Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day.

Lots of aditional information can be viewed here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_days_war

there you go.

• 1 decade ago

Egypt, Jordan, and Syria in the Six-day war. I think your country count is a little off.

• CRFI
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I suppose that it were Egipt, Siria, Jordan, etc, etc.

But I want to talk about another thing, Citicorp ( Citibank), the symbol of USA is on the verge of bankruptcy.Israel will not be safe from this crisis.I´m very happy, Class struggle is not canceled by Zionism.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080304/ap_on_bi_ge/ci...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.