Is it ok to date your best friend's ex-girlfriend if he has turned gay since they dated?

Yes this is basically a man-law clarification. I should also add that she is very attractive and well-educated.

Favorite Answer

Get'er done.

SteveC

Never fear! :) Sexuality is never a fixed point, it's always changing. I'd go with the other answers here and say talk to him. It's understandable that you might have reservations from your sexuality or the fact that you have a long friendship with him, but it sounds like these feelings aren't going to disappear. It's not going to feel easy to chat with him about how you feel, but remember that he's your close friend and probably understands you far better than most people; not only that, but he'll know how it first feels to find you're attracted to another man. Make sure you have some time alone and explain what you've been thinking and feeling. Good luck! :)

I thought you guys had a rule about dating the x-girlfriend. Even though he's gone in a different direction he's still your friend. It wouldn't hurt to talk to him first.Since he's gone gay, he'd more than likely not care at all.Good luck.

You really don't have any obligation to hold off, since he doesn't play for that team anymore, but he's still your friend and it would be courteous to ask first. He'll probably give you the go-ahead and appreciate your concern for his feelings.

I guess so but I menas even though he might have turned GAY he probably still has feelings for her I mean who knows.... but I dont see anything worng with it if HE doesnt have any feelings for her

You have to wonder, is she the reason that he turned gay? She might do the same to you, you know.

Assuming he is still your best friend, you should at least run it by him first. Gay, or straight... it doesn't matter.

i dont see a problem with it. if they are apart, shes open, he cant hold on to her, and if hes gay, he wont want to hold on to her.

go for it man

As long as you ask your best friend if he is okay with that.

Okay. If they are apart why would it be a problem, are you afraid of catching something?