3 Hour Lunch in Paris?

My lady friend and I have a 3 hour and 5 minute layover in Paris and would like to grab some lunch. Neither of us has ever been to Paris before. We will be at Charles De Gaulle and don't mind getting a taxi. Suggestions?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Charles de Gaulle is often very crowded. I travel there about 10 times a year on average and have yet to see it empty. If you step out of the secure area, it might take you the whole 3 hours just to get back to your gate (going past security, etc) in this large airport. Also, it takes between 30 to 45 minutes to get downtown (an hour if there's traffic) so it's really not possible within your time frame. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! On the other hand, the airport does have great duty-free shopping, including wine and food. So you can have a great picnic at your gate!

• jetter
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

do no longer fool with the practice. manage an airport %. up provider to take you into Paris and yet another to fulfill you 3 hours later to return to the airport. Make the drop off/%. up element someplace on the Left financial business enterprise on the Seine -- perchance Blvd St. Germaine de Pres -- so which you do no longer might desire to deal with ideal financial business enterprise site visitors mess. you do not have time for brunch so %. up some thing to consume on the line or a patisserie. walk around the bridge to Notre Dame. appreciate lunch on the plaza or the marina alongside the Seine. walk. Will in all probability value you $4 hundred and is properly worth it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are travelling internationally, you must be in the airport two hours before your flight. If your arriving flight is late, you won't have time to get out of the airport.

I would be willing to bet, however, that you can get something pretty good inside the airport...they really do okay at the concessionnaires in airports these days.

Bon Appetit!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi there Thomas

Paris is a beautiful city filled with romantic cafes and little restaurants, I am sure you won't have to go to far to find a beautiful cafe where you and your lady friend can find some beautiful food.

In the mean time here is a site that can help you navigate a little and find a nice cozy place of both of your tastes.

http://www1.parishotels.com/paris/

Happy travels, and good luck to you both.

Source(s): MR
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.