yt asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Does Canada have a daylight saving time tonight?

I live in Ontario. Do I have to change the clock an hour ahead?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hi YT!

The time change in Canada is 2 a.m., local standard time, on Sunday March 9th, the same as here in the United States.

Just after 1:59 a.m., it becomes 3:00 a.m.

The precise moment of the change is officially based on your local time zone. The far west of Ontario is in the Central Time Zone and so if you're staying up late to turn your clocks ahead at exactly the moment, it will have come one minute after 1:59 a.m.

By the way, in addition to the US and Canada, Daylight Time starts today in Bermuda, the Bahamas, St. Pierre-Miquelon, Greenland and Turks & Caicos.

Almost everywhere in Canada clocks will go ahead an hour.I know of one area in Northern B.C. that does not change at all.

• CSF

Yes, you move the clock one hour ahead but at 2 a.m.

Yuppers every province changes there clocks ahead one hour expect Saskatchewan they do not have day light savings time they are always on Standard time

yeah. I live in Ontario too. I hate daylight saving time! It messes me up so much.

Yes.

yes

im from ontario too..

yup..do must adjust it..

one hour ahead..

Yes you do.