My spybot detects stuff, but it freezes when its time to fix them...?
What should i do?
- MINDDOCTORLv 71 decade agoBest Answer
My own personal experience with Spybot search & Destroy is that the software freezes, fails to find much of anything other then tracking cookies. Plus the immunization conflicts with all of my other antispyware programs. I removed the software.
If you want an excellent state of the art antispyware that I use,
I use a free software, Superantispyware that is light years ahead of any other antispyware. Will find viruses, spyware without any conflict to your own antivirus. Finds what all other miss or unable to delete.
http://www.superantispyware.com Update and run an in depth scan. Being free, you must perform a manual update daily.
Pls., excuse my English, not my primary language.
Mind Doctor, France
- recentcoin2000Lv 61 decade ago
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling Spybot with the latest updates. Also, make sure that you're allowing it enough time to complete its tasks. It may just appear frozen for a time.
Alternatively, you can try using another product. Windows Defender is also free.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1. Download and run firefox to protect your from future spyware attacks and pop ups which are coming in through internet explorer (Trojan downloaders, win32 ) .Then update your windows through firefox
Browser attacks aren't easy to spot because they piggyback on legitimate traffic that doesn't exhibit many obvious warning signs
2. Run the vundo and combo fix http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/05...
3. Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
4. Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/03... and superantispyware http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.com/2007/04... to get rid of the nasties
5. Run a complete scan with free curing utility Dr.Web CureIt!
- 1 decade ago
Run windows in safe mode then launch spybot and scan.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- MōlěLv 61 decade ago
my suggestion - uninstall it and try window defender....much better than other antispyware programs, no notification hassle, real time monitoring ....