Do conservatives care about the environment?

Chrissy, I don't understand what you said. You don't believe in pollution?

TiredTru..., Are you a friend of Chrissy's?

tx_trott, Read the article and then think about what you wrote.

Bush is The Conservative. You all supported him so don't disown him.

Favorite Answer

NO, they are totally against any regulation such as pollution control. This is one of the reasons the capitalist moved to Mexico, China, and India. They are polluting their environments there without any recourse.

Do you remember that Exxon Mobil was ordered to clean up Alaska and the oil spill (which they did not) and pay billions in fines for the drunk captain. To top of this dilemma the Bush Administration sold the American tax payers Alaskan pipeline to foreigners BP, British Petroleum. No way America is going to allow foreigners to pollute the environment further when they don't pay up. This is one of the biggest right winged lies the Republicans spew from their pie holes. Ronald Reagan guaranteed the building of the pipeline would provide oil resources to America for 100 years to come. The NEOCONS sold it out from under the American people.

I'm a realist. I've traveled the country, I see how things work. Trees. They aren't endangered. The paper we all are afraid to use, because of the trees is just plain ignorance. Just like corn, the trees to make paper are planted in perfect rows, and after they are harvested, the land owner plants more trees in perfect rows to be harvested again. Most of the entire south-east of the USA is covered with forest, virtually all of it was planted there by man.

Oil drilling. I drive through southern Indiana and Illinois. Oil wells pumping, with cornfields growing on top of them. If they are so enviromentally unfreindly, how is it we can eat that corn? In Oklahoma and Texas, cattle simply walk around oil wells, to them an oil well is no different than a rock. How is it a caribou will drop dead at the sight of one?

I'm a truck driver. In 2003 I was given a brand new truck. It got 7 to 12 mpg depending on the weight of the load I was pulling. The government keeps increasing "clean air" requirements every year, which is costing the truck manufacturers millions. In 2004 Freightliner stopped manufacturing it's flagship model because it had to radically change it's design to meet the new standards. It came out the next year. I'm driving the 2006 model now. 4 to 6 mpg, that's all it gets. Not to mention I'm paying $4 a gallon for fuel because the enviromentalists hate refrineries.

Then I got the cop banging on the side of my truck in middle of the night telling me I can't run my motor when it's 8 degrees farenheit outside. Because my 4 mpg envirmonentally friendly truck is supposedly polluting the air. More nonsense. If you left a dog in a vehicle in extreme temperatures, they'd lock you up for it, but I'm supposed to freeze. The typical house furnace puts out far more pollutants than my idling truck does, the EPA made sure of that, so how about getting off my back?

Global warming is a fraud. CO2 does not make the temperature rise. The sun make the temperature go up. Anyone with a lick of sense will tell you that. In 700-900 AD it was far warmer than it is today. Not one person was driving a Hummer.

earlier I answer your question, enable me in simple terms say a rapid fact. worldwide warming as all of us recognize it and debate that's a bastardization of technological understanding at superb. Message me in case you prefer for me to describe this. Now onto your question: i'm conservative, and that i do shelter the ecosystem and that i think an suited international may be the place all of us is environmentally to blame and comprehend their roll as stewards of the earth, with the authority to acquire the end result yet no longer rape the timber. whether, i'm no longer prepared to easily supply up my rights to make those judgements for myself in simple terms because of the fact some egotistical flesh presser says I could. i think there could be an open an impartial debate among the folk, with the scientists delivering impartial documents for us to then communicate the consequence of. because of the fact the politicians are by some means magically void of those judgements, it would not impression them like the wellbeing care reform would not impression them. and that's my bit on it.

Yes, and we are smart enough to know a marketing scam when we see one. I will not spend twice the money for an "environmentally friendly" product that is ONLY "friendly" post consumer IF the consumer is responsible. I can be responsible with the cheap plastic water bottles the same as the expensive ones. There haven't been CFC's in aerosol products for years, and I get my auto's emmission system checked at 75,000 miles too. I refuse to be "duped" into believing we are on a collission course with the sun by Al Gore.

How can you be so brainwashed as to think that Any freedom-loving American wants poisoned water and smog-filled skies?

Conservatives, I daresay, are more like to be fishermen, hunters, and outdoorsmen in general.

Conservatives are practical, though. Since there is no viable, 100% clean way to generate the energy we need, conservatives acknowledge that a certain amount of pollution is inevtable.

You want to see environmental villany? Quit bellyaching about US politics and look at the environmental catastrophes in China, the former Soviet Union, and Thrid-World countries in general.

Of course we do. Just because we think Al Gore is a fraud, and global warming is due to the cycles the earth has been experiencing; as evidenced by the Ice Age, for millennia, doesn't mean we don't care.

What amazes me is that there have been no new bills by our Democratically controlled Congress to stop subsidizing oil companies and get something going in Detroit to manufacture electric cars. Let's skip the nuke plants, the ethanol (which is not green because of the process) and get going.

The first politician to get there by November, gets my vote. I don't vote on promises, I vote on action, so save your rhetoric and lobby your Congress to get moving or shut up.

EDIT: Agree with LibStick... actually most of the time. :o)

Source(s): Check it out, I get thumbs down from the Liberal Rhetoric Machine-- More Talk, No Action! Typical.

I care a lot about it. I recycle, I turn down my thermostat so far, people bring sweaters to my house, I use natural products for pest control, I use my own grocery bag VS the plastic ones from the store, I use lower watt light bulbs, I use paper bags for my leaves and grass clippings. I think I do my part.

Yes, of course. In fact, it is intellectually dishonest and downright stupid to imply otherwise. Conservatives have children and family just like everyone else. We just prefer logical approaches to problems - not hysterical feel good initiatives that typically involve government over-reach.

Source(s): Edit: Since when has Bush been a Conservative?

yes, but staying alive is a little ahead on the list of importance, I dont even own a vehicle by choice, I have ridden bicycles for over 7 years, all year, rain, snow,WIND, sun, groceries, work,

I watch you libs drive to the corner store or their PO box at the end of their driveway, so get off your high horse, and make a change, quit whining

Yes but not to the extent that some people take it. Not to the point where I think it is fair to infringe on civil liberties. For instance I don't think that the government should be forcing me to buy a certain type of light bulb, like we will have to do in the following years.

I don't think the government should pay out tax payers' money to fund research on global warming.

Yes we care, but don't want the government to determine our every move.

Source(s): The dude