Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

If a man (who happens to be cop) is accused of rape and later found innocent, should he lose his job?

because the department will look bad and the public will always remember the accusation not the outcome of the trial.

• CGIV76
    Best Answer

Not if he is acquitted.

Source(s): Me, retired Police Officer
  • Kevy

I have been accused of asking for sex on traffic stops and found innocent, because people make things up all the time. Should I lose my job because of someones lie? No.

NO NO NO!!! As false rape accusations have become the latest fad by scorned badge bunnies to get back at the objects of their desires.

If exonerated how would that look bad on the Dept.? The officer was innocent thereby absolving the Dept. of guilt by association. To fire him/her would look BAD!!!

No. That would have to apply to all person's in a position of trust. That would also apply to the mechanic who was accused of the same thing that was found not guilty...should he lose his job too even though he was cleared of all charges? If that "rule" is implemented, then it needs to apply to ALL professions for the same reason.

Source(s): Me, CSP
  • .

I agree with most everyone else. If he did not do the crime then he should not be fired. He would be an innocent man that was falsely accused.

• Bill G

Not only should the officer not be fired, but the accuser should be arrested for filing a false report. Filing a false report with the police is a crime.

remember you are innocent until proven guilty, and the police officer shouldn't lose their job because they are accused of the crime but they should be put on an administrative leave until the case or investigation is completed.

• Acquitted is acquitted! The officer should not be penalized for being innocent of the charges. This goes for any profession, including law enforcement.

Source(s): 23+ years law enforcement/security

I don't think he should lose it if he is found innocent. That would be unfair dismissal.

YES!

He should lose his job,there are many rapists who are found not guilty,doesn't mean they didn't do it!

I would NOT want that cop protecting my neighborhood.

NO!! if he been found innocent !! why he have to get fired ?

how will felling that was your case!!