CJ P asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

can you have 2 versions (access 2003 & access 2007) of the same program installed on the same laptop?

I currently have a laptop with Office 2007 installed. However, I need to use access 2003 for a class. I was wondering if I could get the office 2003 cd & install in onto my laptop without it affecting the Office 2007 that is already installed.

Best Answer

I've never worked with Office in a backward way like this (only moving forward in versions) but I think that you should be able to do it without an issue. In all previous versions of Office, you have the ability to keep your existing version when upgrading to a newer version. Because of this, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install 2003 even though you already have 2007.

I know that if you have 2003 on your computer and install 2007, it will ask you if you want to keep the old versions. Since you already have 2007, the 2003 installer may not recognize the newer version. However, you may be able to uninstall 2007, install 2003 and then install 2007 beside it.

Yes, you can use both Access 2003 and Access 2007 on the same computer.

Be warned that Office 2007 documents will not be readable on Office 2003, but 2003 documents can be opened in Office 2007.

no but i beleave you can roll back the version without the disc but you will need the 2007 disc afterwards