The best pain killer for knee pain?

I'm in some serious knee pain. I have a torn ACL, but am unable to have surgery at the moment. What can i do to prevent or lesson my pain? What is the best pain killer?

Best Answer

There is no BEST pain relief medication. Each patient has a need for the medication which best meets the needs of their condition, level of pain, and other related medical conditions. For many with an ACL injury, management with a Non-steriodal anti-inflammatory agent such as ibuprofen (MOTRIN) naproxen (Aleve) or a COX-2 such as celecoxib (Celebrex) control the discomfort and increases function. For others, their condition or pain tolerance requires a stronger medication such as tramadol or even hydrocodone. These last 2, however are both opioid medications and may be habit forming, therefore, they are usually preferred for use in patients in the immediate pre and postoperative periods.

If surgery has been recommended, the physician should recommend appropriate medication, if it does not control the pain, contact your physician and ask for something stronger.

I will tell you that when people approach a physician with a particular medication in mind, they are often thought of as "drug seeking", even when they are earnestly trying to manage their pain. Discuss the pain with your physician and let them prescribe an appropriate medication.

Source(s): Pain Management/Headache Specialist

1

• gripp

Best Medicine For Knee Pain

• haley

Guide To Chronic Knee Pain!

Though sciatica is a common problem, it is really surprising that often it is hard to tell why a person suffers from this ailment. This is why it is often referred to as a back pain complex. Even experienced doctors find it difficult to pinpoint a cause. Number of medical conditions lead to sciatica such as stress and trauma at any point on spinal cord or lower back. This is understandable but when a person feels this pain and the underlying causes are as general as obesity or pregnancy, it presents a vague picture to the doctor. There can be many more underlying causes that require supervision and treatment at the right time.

For more info and details about natural treatments visit: http://curesciatica.toptips.org

If you wish to understand the actual nature of sciatica or why sciatica is indeed popular and what every one of these pains are trying to inform to the human body then you definitely need to see this eBook Sciatica SOS from here https://tr.im/eWO5y .

Glenn Johnson is the writer of Sciatica SOS. He also was plagued by the condition for quite a long time in his early 40s. He claims he was on the list of “Early viruses to be diagnosed with sciatica”, and he tried out numerous possible solutions that the medical practioners offered, however they never gave him adequate results.

The eBook Sciatica SOS is special; it moves the excess mile to assist you realize the explanation for the situation, what you can do to fix it and then provides detailed directions to see you flourish in the treatment.

All this is accomplished in 7 days or less. It is certainly worth a try.

• Leslie

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avv2u

Not what you are looking for, but at night put a pillow under your knee which elevates it. Think about what sports people do. Put heat on it, or cream to increase blood flow. Also, pain is your body's way of telling you to change something...it hurts. Luck to you!

go see a chiropractor.

i had knee pain. the orthopedic surgeon said i absolutely need surgery and i would be in a cast for 10 weeks. but first take these pain killers.

then a friend said go see a chiropractor first to get a second opinion. so i went the chiropractor. She massaged my spine and gave me ultra sound on my knee. I went for a few days

and the pain in my knee went away completely.

the orthopedic just wanted to make money.

for a torn acl, you'll need to talk to your dr or pharmacist, at the least. i have (on multiple occasions) sprained various joints in my knee and find aleve (naproxen) works the best for over the counter stuff

If your having surgery soon, then stay away from blood thinners like motrin, alleve, (all nsaids)

If not, then motrin should help. I doubt if tylenol would work, but you could try it.

Of course the best medicine is the narcotic, prescribed by your doctor.