Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should the IOC should take the Olympics away from Beijing and put them in Athens this year?

As far as Human rights violations are concered China is violating the human rights of people in Tibet and all people in China . Not to mention the crap that they manufacture. Should world governments and the IOC say enough and boycott or even move the Olympic games back to Athens?

Best Answer

Too late for that, now. Hitler had an Olympics, too, you know.

• ?

The IOC should never of awarded the games to China in the first place. I agree since the Olympics where originally and last held in Greece, hold them there again in protest of China's human rights validations. Ya nazi Germany and Hitler ad their games and what did that accomplish. Oh ya WWII. Let's send a clear message to China and anyone else on this planet when it comes to human rights and environmentally issues.

The IOC is not like the UN. They are not a human rights organization that can block a country from hosting the Olympics. Nazi Germany hosted the Olympics, and the IOC did not block Hitler.

They just had them in Athens and the IOC is not a ethical rights for humans organization, they oversee the olympics. I like where your heads at though.

• nez

Holy grimy Catbox, ask your self Kat! How can they manage my destiny slaves and minions with SUCH push aside to existence! My Human and that i did no longer understand this grew to become into occurring and we cry for them. on the lighter side, in line with probability they're going to use the proceeds from the video games to pay for shacks for those human beings to stay it? I incredibly doubt it yet will proceed to be confident in this. interior the interim, the place will they stay? Are they going to club the homeless human beings too? that looks somewhat undesirable from a tourist point of view. the two Homeless human beings or homeless animals. Geez, could no longer they have placed the stadium and olympic grounds someplace else? China is a huge place. i grew to become into looking forward to watching the olympics too! Oh nicely, My human will in basic terms could backyard instead.

Hmm, a counter Olympics... While it defeats the purpose of a non political Olympics, its about time that we stood up to the Chinese and demanded something to be done about their human rights issues.

Why don't we just let the athletes compete without distractions.

Yes they should!