Where is the best university to study Marine biology in canada?

Could you tell me some characteristics about the university please?

Favorite Answer

Surprisingly, there are only a few schools in Canada that offer marine biology.

Dalhousie University

Mcgill University

Memorial University of Newfoundland

University of Guelph

University of King's College

University of New Brunswick

University of Victoria

University of Waterloo

University of Western Ontario

I don't know the reputations of the marine biology programs at these universities, but in terms of name value, Mcgill University has to be at the top. It is the one of, if not the BEST university Canada has to offer (ranked in top 10 in world).

UWO and Waterloo also have very good reputations, but Waterloo is known most for its maths/engineering and UWO more for business, law and health sciences.

University of Guelph has had a very good reputation for being a 'green' school, very involved in environmental and agricultural studies... don't know if that translates into marine biology, but nevertheless, it is a good school.

The rest are all maritime province/coastal universities and the fact that they're right by the ocean might be useful when studying marine biology. Dalhousie has always had a good reputation for student satisfaction, and it's in Nova Scotia, probably one of the most beautiful places in Canada.

Anyways, sorry I couldn't tell you anything specific about marine biology. But this is just my general knowledge of these schools, as I'm entering university this year as well. The BEST thing to do I would think, is to visit some of the universities that you are interested in. I'm planning to study business/commerce, and I'm visiting 4 universities in the coming months.

GOOD LUCK!

1

Source(s): Extra Cash Writing http://givitry.info/WritingJobsOnline/?68yW