can I change H1-B visa from co.A to co.B while I was paying tax through 1099 form with co.A?

I have been in USA since 2006 with H1-B visa from company A and I am paying tax through 1099 form not W2 with company A , now I find anther job with better payment and my plane to work with company B , my question is it problem if I show them that I was paying tax by 1099 form with company a ?can I change the visa from company A to company B

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Company "A" is breaking the law. You cannot be an independent contractor on an H1B visa. Report "A" to the Internal Revenue Service and Citizenship and Immigration Service.

  • 1 decade ago

    if co. B is willing to sponsor your transfer well & good... but, you'll need to show a pay stub when co. B process your papers. meaning it'll become more complicated, sometimes it doesn't work...

    besides, you should've been on the books if you were H1B sponsored with co. A... sorry...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.