Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Body builder breakfast?

i train 5 times a week in the gym lifting weights, currently weigh 205 pounds(not fat), looking to put on weight(in muscle)and work in an office by day. I was wondering what in your opinion the best food would be to eat in the morning?

Best Answer

protein is a must first thing in the morning and is best taken with some carbs. Oatmeal mixed with water with no salt or sugar is good and slow release. I have this with a protein drink as soon as I get up (mixed with water rather than milk). If you are going to have an omelette, do not use all of the yolks, unnecessary calories.

I also train alot and the best brekfast for me is museli made with a protein shake instead of milk - chocolate flavour shake makes the museli taste great.

also - i make the shake with water so the protein is more easily taken in by my body.

first thing in the morning you want low gi carbs and a source of protein, this also wants to be a fairly decent sized meal since you havent eaten for the previous 8hrs

i have 100g oats, 25g whey protein and 300ml milk, blended together in a shake

40g protein, 77g carbs, 560kcal

Oat meal is really good for you and a protein shake with 2%milk being you are already lean and also check this site out you may be interested.

Source(s): www.anabolicfrenzy.com

eggs are very good, hulk hogan uses them. in omlettes or wotever. oatmeal very good too