Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Books to read?

I am a 13 year old girl. I like to read pretty much any genre except for adventure and sci-fi. Fantasy, horror, mystery, and romance are good for me! A combination of 2 or more of these books would be perfect!

I like to read most genres but adventure and science-fiction I hate, so no stories about kidnaps and stuff. I like to read books about relationships and teen problems.

Favorite Answer

The Twilight Saga(Twilight,New Moon, and Eclipse) by Stephenie Meyer. (MY FAVORITES!)

Harry Potter(books 1-7) by J.K. Rowling

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

If you like classics Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Stephen King's novels are also excellent (and some are really scary): The Shining, It, The Stand, The Dark Tower series, etc.

James Patterson's Maximum Ride series

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin is great.

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

Pictures Of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff

Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. I saw the movie and loved it so the book is most likely better.

The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

A Walk To Remember by Nicolas Sparks. Or The Notebook.

The Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix is very good. I personally didn't think the last book was as good as the others.

Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry by Mildred D. Taylor.

The Face On the Milk Carton(book one in the series) by Caroline B. Cooney. I have only read the first one but it was good.

The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu.

Wicked by Gregory Maguire is good. Some of it is really weird...

The Queen's Soprano by Caroline Dines is about a girl in seventeenth-century Rome. I think it's based on a true story...

In Search of Mockingbird by Lorreta Ellsworth.

Getting Near to Baby (argh what is the authors name?!)

**Any of those are great! If you go on my profile you can find more suggestions because I have asked a question like this before and answered these questions. HAPPY READING!

Mercedes Lackey writes some great fantasy books. They're not specifically Young Adult, but they're great for young adults to read. Her Valdemar series is the most popular of her works, by far. Start with Arrows of the Queen.

Also, I loved the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. It might seem a little juvenile, but despite what it looks like, they're not, really. I loved thos books when I was around that ago. The great thing about this series is that you don't have to read it in order for it to make sense. Of course, it's nice to read them in chronological order, so it flows, but it's not necessary.

The Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley are also great fantasy reads.

Here a couple of good books for you.

Shogun by James Clavell (Pretty much every book in his Asian saga)

Rule of the Bone by Russell Banks

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Black Cross by Greg Iles

Buried Onions by Gary Soto

By the way, a lot of Romance books are excuses for porno books since a lot of them have erotic covers. That's why I don't read Romance.

VIVA LA RAZA! (Long live the Mexican Race!)

Twilight is fantastic and has two sequels! I would suggest that, also Cathy's Book is a really good read. I'm also 13 and love to read. I read at least 3 books that are 300 or more pages a week.

--I would really recommend "I'd Tell You I Love You but then I'd Have to Kill You" and its sequel, "Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy" by Ally Carter; these books are among my all-time my favorites, personally

--I would also have to mention almost any Louis Sachar and Jerry Spinelli book you haven't read ("Holes," etc. are very common); "The Boy Who Lost His Face" seems good to me, even if it is a tiny bit of a children's book

--"Silent to the Bone" by E.L. Konisburg

--A-List novels are good too, as well as "Gossip Girl" books, if that's in your taste...

--Of course, Harry Potter books are always a choice : ]

--Wendelin Van Draanen's "Flipped" and "Runaway"

-- All of the "A Series of Unfortunate Events" books are among my favorites too. A lot of people think they're bad books, and you've probably already read them. If you haven't, give them a try.

--S.E. Hinton's "The Outsiders"-- a classic

--As many people recommend, "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. Great book.

--"Walk Two Moons" by Sharon Creech, as well as her "Bloomability."

--"The Pearl" by John Steinbeck. Good book, good moral, bad ending, a bit depressing, a classic. An "oldie," if you like that kind of thing once in a while.

--Holocaust survivor books like Anne Frank's diary and "Night" do you some good.

I hope you find a good book soon!!!!

Hope I helped.

the twilight series would be great! it's fantasy, horror, mystery and romance all tied up in one package. also check out Robin Mckinley - The Blue Sword and The Hero and The Crown - read them in that order, they're better. also, bluegirl by charles delint and the whole wrinkle in time series, along with faeries by brennan.

I like the book City of Bones and the sequal City of Ashes, they have a little of fantasy, mystery and romance mixed in.

well, this book is a romance, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Amazing book. But do NOT read the back it totally gives away the whole book.

Hi,

Check here http://j.mp/1qXIxW1 if you want to get for free: King Arthur Gold

With this link you can get the full version completely free.

This 2D side scrolling multiplayer game is of the action and war genre, with a particular focus on the war aspect.

• molly_

Try books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Tamora Pierce, and Scott Westerfeld.