I noticed last night the toe next to my pinkie toe is really hurting. I cannot bend it and if I try I get a?

shooting pain. I looked at it and on the back side it is kinda blue looking. Any ideas of what it could be? I haven't hurt it on anything lately either. Thats whats weird.

• ROsie
    Favorite Answer

That's happenned to me in the past and my doctor had told me at the time that I must have bangged it up and not realized how bad it was until the pain set in. The reason it's blue is because it's bruised. You must of hit it or kicked something. You either broke it or sprained it. There's nothing you can do but to put some ice on it and take some Tylenol for pain. Try to keep your foot elevated for at least 15 min every several hours.

Protect your foot by wearing cotton socks and if you can try to avoid wearing tight shoes or boots. If the pain doesn't go away with regular pain killers then go see a doctor.

GOOD LUCK!

Source(s): Same thing happenned to me and it took a couple of weeks before the bruise went away.

Your pinkie toe is probably a very small area & the size your wanting will not hold up well over time. Try something larger on a shoulder or arm for a 1st tat, those area's aren't nearly as painful. I have several tats & the ribs were the most painful for me. Arms were a walk in the park, I could've taken a nap getting those done . Just make sure its something you Truely want & aren't doing it as a fad . Also check around to find a quality artist, look @ some portfolio's & ask some questions.. Cheaper is not usually better... All artists are not created equal .

Go to your doctor and ask him to look at it. It is most likely broken or fractured, which is why you cant bend it. Oh and also you can brake your toe by simply walking and landing on it in a funny way. Or you may have fractured it doing something and didn't realize it cause you weren't thinking about it

• Tina T

Sounds like you may have a fractured toe, but they won't be able to do anything for it...I had a broken toe...all they did was tape my toes together, which made it heal funny and then it had to be re-broken and be left to heal on its own...its still a wreck and hurts all the time.

Could be a broken blood vessel if it's pretty blue. They break sometimes. Could be a big hit of arthritis - that can come and go for no particular reason.

Or you stubbed the crap out of your toe without knowing it.

see a doctor. blue means no circulation. if you didnt hurt it it could be a clot and you could lose the toe, not to mention is you may get clots in other worse places that being your heart, your brain or your lungs which would be life threatening.go to the doctor at once.

Perhaps you bumped it in your sleep and broke something. Or it could be some other medical problem. It might just be a really bad bruise, but if it gets worse or doesnt go away, get to a doctor pronto.

i accedentally break my toe all the time! just tape it to the toe to the bigger toe next to it and wait for it to heal. I sometimes break my toe and don't know till the next day! LOL! I have broken my toes about 6 times!

It's probably broken, but you need an x-ray to make sure. Either way there's not much you can do but rest it.

If its blue then its lacking Oxygen and you should go to the doctor