Moving - need cheapest large truck rental service for a 2 day 300 km move White Rock BC area?

1 bdrm apt size "stuff" - prob'ly need the overhang thingy but maybe not :)

Favorite Answer

U-Haul will probably be the cheapest, but keep in mind that if you read the fine print in the contract it pretty much says that if there is a problem with the truck, you are responsible for everything and they are responsible for nothing. I have seen a couple of documentaries in the last year about the companies who rent these moving trucks, and they are all notoriously poorly maintained, so be aware of that.

If your budget will allow it, my advice would be to pack all your stuff yourself, but find a small local company, maybe a family business, that does moves. It will cost a little more than renting a truck yourself, but not exorbitantly more, and will remove a whole host of headaches. I have moved many times, and that is how I move now - as a result of one too many problems with U-Haul trucks.

Best of luck with it.

• Ed P

try budget may not be chaep but good pay peanuts get monkeys