I have my AT&T home phone bundled with DSL. Can I keep my AT&T DSL and use another carrier for the home line?

Best Answer

Legally, yes.

If you find another CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) who can provide you with PSTN telephone service, then AT&T is legally obligated to allow the CLEC to service your line with PSTN phone service.

AT&T will then be servicing you with only "Dry Loop DSL", or "Naked DSL", without phone service. They will probably charge you a higher price though, for the "unbundled" dry loop DSL service...

if you have dsl w/ at&t and you switch your phone, the dsl will automatically be disconnected. what you will need to to is call at&t and schedule a disconnect for the phone & have them switch the dsl to "dry loop" if its in your area , this service doesn't require at&t landline. call 1877uaskatt to see what your options are in your area use referral code jr0583 good luck!