Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

"Your taking it out of context" Doesn't that really mean...?

"Here, let me put a spin on it to make that sound better than it is."

Best Answer

you're taking it out of context

what they mean is

"You're wrong, because the bible says whatever we want it to say"

Not really...I've seen a lot of answers that show people don't understand the real meaning of scripture. You can't look at just one or two verses and truly understand what it's saying. An example would be of the question about the Bible being sexist. If you only read certain verses, it could seem that way. But there are also plenty of verses that tell men to honor there wives. Much of the sexism in the world that time was just a part of the culture of that time...not just Biblical.

• Kerry

Everyone takes things out of context. It is human nature. The same traffic accident observed by 5 different people will have 5 different descriptions.

If only we had an omniscient source for truth....

Not really, sometimes things are taking out of context.

• Donna

Of course that';s what it means, but people insist that I'm the one taking it out of context. Go figure (((UP)))

The Church took the entire bible out of context

It definitely could. It really depends on the level of sincerity of the individual. If u are truly "teachable" then u won't be swayed by ulterior motives.

not all the time. some people really do take it out of context.

Yes, sometimes ... but often there are different ways of looking at things. I like to consider myself fairly open minded, so I try to give other opinions some consideration.

I agree with Zero Cool.

Sometimes it means you are not looking at it with an open mind and or without bias.

Not only better,but different. You can change one word or punctuation and change the whole meaning.(example; That's an oxy, moron.