Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

"Your taking it out of context" Doesn't that really mean...?

"Here, let me put a spin on it to make that sound better than it is."

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

you're taking it out of context

what they mean is

"You're wrong, because the bible says whatever we want it to say"

• 1 decade ago

Not really...I've seen a lot of answers that show people don't understand the real meaning of scripture. You can't look at just one or two verses and truly understand what it's saying. An example would be of the question about the Bible being sexist. If you only read certain verses, it could seem that way. But there are also plenty of verses that tell men to honor there wives. Much of the sexism in the world that time was just a part of the culture of that time...not just Biblical.

• Kerry
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Everyone takes things out of context. It is human nature. The same traffic accident observed by 5 different people will have 5 different descriptions.

If only we had an omniscient source for truth....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not really, sometimes things are taking out of context.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Donna
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Of course that';s what it means, but people insist that I'm the one taking it out of context. Go figure (((UP)))

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Church took the entire bible out of context

• 1 decade ago

It definitely could. It really depends on the level of sincerity of the individual. If u are truly "teachable" then u won't be swayed by ulterior motives.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not all the time. some people really do take it out of context.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, sometimes ... but often there are different ways of looking at things. I like to consider myself fairly open minded, so I try to give other opinions some consideration.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with Zero Cool.

Sometimes it means you are not looking at it with an open mind and or without bias.

• 1 decade ago

Not only better,but different. You can change one word or punctuation and change the whole meaning.(example; That's an oxy, moron.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.