Why do you think Canada is better that USA?

I live in the United States, born and raised. I live in a little town of Opp, Alabama. I know that doesnt matter... but I was reading some of the answers to some of the questions similar to mine. Is it cold in Canada? In US, down south it gets real hot. What types of food do yall eat? Is it real popular to fish in Canada? B/c i love fishing, and whats the British Goverment like? Are yall communists?

I know that Canada doesnt eat seals for arrogant people out there..... I was just wondering how the economy was different from ours? we like sweet tea, do yall drink sweet tea?

Favorite Answer

Canada is huge, it is the world's second largest country by total area. To answer you're question 'is it cold?' -It depends where you live and what season it is. The winters can be cold and the summer can be hot, sometimes more hot then Southern states. Canada and the US are similar culturally. We eat everything yall eat from MacDees to Chinese. In Toronto, we are very diverse so we have a mixture of different ethnic cuisines. Fishing is recreational sport, you need to get a license to do that when you're over 16, I believe. Usually you have to drive 3-4 hours from Toronto to get to fishing spots -you don't want polluted fishes lol. Every province has different fishing laws. Canadian politics is pretty complicated, you might need to research that one. Federally we have a conservative government (for the first time in years!) but have a strong Liberal hold.

Btw, to answer youre question, Canada and US are so similar that their are very little differences -one is NOT better then the other.

We do pay for Health Care at the end of the year, many Cdns neglect to remember this. As well as we pay in other ways, such as; long wait times EVEN while at the ER and shortages of doctors and other medical professionals.

Most individuals think that Cdns have an accent, but really it depends on what province they are from and what country they are originally from. Many immigrants who live in Canada hold onto their culture, including language. However I find Northnern and New Foundlanders do speak differently.

Source(s): toronto resident

Alright well I would speak for the Western Canadians here. First of all we do not speak like you do at all we say eh! While you would say huh? or yall. And yes it may get really cold out here in the prairies but if you live in Vancouver or on the eastern side of Canada it's not nearly as bad but not as hot as you guys would get. Eastern Canadians do eat fish but we eat as any normal American would eat ie: Pizza, Sandwiches, Soup, ect. Also unlike America we have governments compared to presidents and we have free medical: able to have babies for free(might be an advantage)

I hate it when people say America better than Canada or vise versa. Both are beautiful countries, and if you are so curious I suggest you visit any part of Canada and see for yourself. Neither country is perfect nor better. Each country has it flairs and I whiched people would see that.

edit: We also drink tea, In Canada we have Iced tea, and whenever I go to Us, I always forget that all ice tea is in Us is unsweetend tea. Yuck! Haha

It's not better. i've lived in both countries (born in the US, grew up in both countries, and my parents are Canadian.) They both have their ups and downs. Canadian food is pretty much the same as American food, except they have wicked nice pastries in Quebec (but then again, I like American chocolate better, so that's a tough one...) Parts of Canada are extremely cold, and others not so much. My mom is from Newfoundland (which has awesome fishing, btw) and right there at the coast the weather is pretty moderate due to the Gulf Stream. The government in Canada is much more socialized than in the US... they have socialized health care, etc... which is good if you want that, but stinks if you don't like paying taxes so much. My advice would just be go take a trip up there and see how you like it :)

• seay

Canada's flag is white and red with a red maple leaf on a white history. see hyperlink less than. both decent languages are English and French with French spoken usually in Quebec, with French speaking communities spread throughout the time of the rustic. we like our united states yet do not imagine we are both more suitable or not just about as good because the u . s ..

I don't think it is better, just different. No so much when it comes to the people and such. I am referring to the government which is much more socialized and in my mind that is a bad thing because it means less rights for the individual.

Canada, like anywhere else, has its pros and cons.

However, I feel it necessary to state once and for all we do NOT get free health care! We pay a lot of tax and it is our tax dollars that pay for our visits to physicians. We don't pay out of pocket to see a doctor but we DO NOT get free health care.

• I don't.

Canada has free health-care for everyone. The only thing is they pay more taxes, but if it gets me free health-care I'd pay the extra taxes.

I have lived in Canada for almost four years & in USA two years.....I really don't find much differnce...it's all the same.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqNzM...

People say it is

but idk, i've never been there