who can be more worthy of leadership than aleh muhammad?

I invite everyone to examine and ponder upon verse 42:23 (Ayah Muwaddat) of al-Qur'an al-Majeed.

"That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any AJR (wage/reward) for it but love for FIL-QURBA; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful." (42:23)

and the following ayaa 25:27

Say: "No AJR (wage/reward) do I ask of you for it except that who wants to may take a path to his Lord" (25:57

We find here in 25:57 that the only "ajr" (wage/reward) is that we take ourselves to the Sirat al-Mustaqeem, the Straight Path unto the Lord. Therefore, those which are the "fil-Qurba" in 42:23 must be EQUAL to the Straight Path to the Lord. These are none other than the "close kin" of the Prophet, or more specifically, Ahlul'bayt. Also, this "ajr" only affects us, and not the Prophet, for the Qur'an says:

قُلْ مَا سَأَلْتُكُم مِّنْ أَجْرٍ فَهُوَ لَكُمْ إِنْ أَجْرِيَ إِلَّا عَلَى اللَّهِ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ شَهِي

"Say: Whatever AJR (wage/reward) I have asked of you, that is for yourselves; surely my AJR (wage/reward) is with Allah, and He is a witness of all things." (34:47)

We find here in 34:47 that the wage unto the Prophet is only from Allah. We realize through this verse that the "ajr" is only beneficial to us, and not Rasoolullah. When we reconcile this verse with 42:23, we come across the reality that "fil-Qurba" refers to those whom we must be guided by in order to be led to the Sirat al-Mustaqeem.

قُل لاَّ أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِنْ هُوَ إِلاَّ ذِكْرَى لِلْعَالَمِي

"Say: I do not ask you for any AJR (wage/reward) for it; it is nothing but a reminder to the nations." (6:90)

If you read Ayahs 88-89 before reading this one, the reminder is the message of the Prophet (a.s.). The Qur'an is commanding the people to follow the guidance that was given to them by Rasoolullah (a.s.).

Look at it like this: Allah says in 25:57 that the only "ajr" is that we take to the Straight Path. In Verse of Muwaddat, He says that it is love of Ahlul'bayt. There can be no conflict or contradiction in the Qur'an. Therefore, Ahlul'bayt are equal to the Sirat al-Mustaqeem, and that they are the way unto the Straight Path that Allah is talking about in 25:57. They are also equal to the reminder in 6:90, and are therefore the reflections of the Sirat al-Mustaqeem. When Allah says LOVE FOR FIL-QURBA, he is speaking about the same category of love that belongs to him, because when we say we LOVE Allah, we love him in the sense that we blend with His commands and we follow him unconditionally. This is the sort of LOVE being described in 42:23, otherwise the rest of the Ayahs will contradict each other and will not make any sense to a rational mind.

There can only be one conclusion, and that "fil-Qurba" in the Verse of Muwaddat refers only to the Ahlul'bayt, whom are the guides of mankind and are the ones whom Allah commands us to follow so that we should be on the Right Path. The Caliphate belongs only to those who can guide mankind, and it is evidence in this discourse that only Ahlul'bayt are worthy of being guides unto mankind. Also, this verse challenges the belief of the Ahlul'sunnah that the Ahlul'bayt are not infallible. Is there a way that the Sirat al-Mustaqeem is fallible? Therefore, how can those who are defined as the Sirat al-Mustaqeem in these verses be considered as mere fallibles like you and I? The fact remains that only the pure and sinless can truly take you to Allah. The purity and infallibility of Aal'Muhammad is also shown in many verses, including the Verse of Mubahila (3:61) and the Verse of Purification (33:33).

Most Sunni scholars have accepted that 42:23 was revealed for Ahlul'bayt (a.s.).

Alhumdulillah, through this exposition, it is clear that the Ahlul'bayt are the straightest path to the Lord of the Worlds. In Surah al-Fatiha, when we say "Guide us to the straight path, the path of those you hath bestowed favors upon," this is in reference to none other than the Ahlul'bayt (a.s.). I ask you now: Who can be more worthy of leadership than Aal'Muhammad (a.s.)?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

this is mainly to refute the sunni who claim these were good people.........

Abu Bakr is out as he was a sinner, he ursurped the right of inheritence to Fatima(as) this is a sin......(this is common knowledge so i wont bother refernces)

Umar went to Ali ( a member of the ahl ul-bayt)(as) in tawassul, so how can he then better? the answer is no he is most certainly not better than the ahl ul-bayt (as)

"When the death time of Abdullah Ibn Abbas (Umar) approached, he said:

`O Allah! I seek to approach toward you by means of Wilayah (accepting

the mastery) of Ali Ibn Abi Talib.'"

Sunni references:

- Fada'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p662, Tradition #1129

- al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, v3, p167

- Manaqib Ahmad

Uthman had so many sins he was killed for going astray form the path of our prophet Mohammed (pbuh&hf) his story is one full of evil... especially after he gained power!

"When the people saw what Uthman was doing, the companions of the Prophet in Medina wrote to other companions who were scattered throughout the frontier provinces: "You have gone forth but to struggle in the path of Almighty God, for the sake of Muhammad's religion. In your absence the religion of Muhammad has been corrupted and forsaken. So come back to reestablish Muhammad's religion." Thus, they came from every direction until they killed the Caliph (Uthman)"

Sunni reference: History of al-Tabari, English version, v 15 p184

and please do not even think to say Yazeed (la) or Muwaiyah (la) were good people or I will blow your mind with referneces to their evil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the clear choice is.......

no one is better to guide us than the Ahl Ul-Bayt (as)!!!!!!!!!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree with Trooper 100%, the greatest leader the world has ever had was Jesus Christ. Who, but the Son of God would come to Earth to sacrifice Himself for all people of all nations in order that they could have eternal life with God in heaven. He had no need to conquer anyone or any tribe, no need to force others to accept what He said or kill them, no need to marry anyone, especially a 6 year old child, no need to rob caravans, no need to attempt to exalt Himself above others and no need to force anything upon anyone. He came to teach us the true word of God which is peace and love and devotion to our Heavenly Father. He is the only person to ever walk this Earth that committed no sin.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lots of people.

Abu Bakr, Uthman, Umar, Umar bin Abdul Aziz, etc.

If the Prophet (saw) had wanted his family to be leaders throughout the rest of time, then they certainly would have been appointed by Allah (swt), and then that would defy the point of the Prophet (saw) being the last prophet.

Why was Khalid bin Walid the military leader? Why wasn't it some family member instead?? Becuase Khalid bin Walid (ra) was best fit for that specific job. SAME criteria goes for everything else.

• 1 decade ago

Yea, James Brown HHHeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy, Hit Me

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

George Walker Bush

Source(s): Gee you don't get anything.
  • nazof
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Leadership is not to be run in a certain family in Islam even if its the prophet's family.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jesus!

Jesus "Never" sinned. There is nowhere in any writings or recorded history that Jesus "Ever" sinned.

I have read that Muhammed robbed caravans, went to war with those that didn't agree with him and killed them and had sex with the captured women. Muhammed had sex with Aiesha when she was only 9 years old and Muhammed was 54! In the Quran, Muhammed even admitted that Muhammed was a sinner.

I think I will follow the teachings of Jesus who rose from the dead and whose bones are absent from His grave. "All" other men's bones are still in their graves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.