If a group of deer destroys a crop, are you allowed to shot them if you get permission from the game warden?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably not. The game warden doesn't have enough power to tell you that you can do this. I know because I'm a farmer that has the exact same problem. The only way that you can shoot them legally is to get a permit from the wildlife office. This permit will not allow you to shoot bucks but it will let you shoot does which will help the problem tremendously. I know from experience.

• 1 decade ago

In Illinois you must apply for a nuisance license to kill deer on your property. Check with your state's natural resource or wildlife agency. I don't think a game warden can give permission since the state agency supplies permits.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have proof wildlife is damaging part of your crop all you need to do is ask permission or get a nuisance animal permit. But, you or someone in your family has to do the shooting. Otherwise it looks more like you are running a hunt camp.

• steve
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

if and only if you get permission from the game warden out of season yes but if you don;t and you do your in trouble

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

group? Deer are somewhat migratory animals, are you gonna kill every group that happens to walk into your crop field?

I think it would be smarter and more respectful to wildlife to figure out another solution, don't you? Deer are not particularly fond of dogs, every considering getting one? Is a fence that expensive to put up? A radio playing music might be all you need to scare animals away from area.

• 1 decade ago

You are going to need some serious permission.

• 1 decade ago

You have to report that to the game animals department in your country first. Instead of shooting you can frighten them to go away using hunting dogs.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you don't need permission to protect your crops from animals.

Source(s): wild boar is tasty bbq'ed
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.