My bathroom tap is jammed and wont stop running PLEASE HELP?

Help! This is urgent.

I was having a bath, turned on the tap and somehow either something got loose or something got jammed and it has been running water for nearly an hour now. I tried using a hanger to poke inside the knob and no luck. It goes to the off setting but still runs. What should I do!!

Best Answer

If it is using hot water, shut the top of the hot water tank off. Then you need to turn off the power to the hot water and shut the water off to the house. Next you need to call a plumber and have the valve replaced.

If you need to wait until tomorrow, and the tub also has a shower head, and you can take the shower head off and replace it with a threaded pipe cap where the shower head was. Then switch to the shower with the water running and the water for the house back on. You might still have water coming out of the lower pipe, but it should be a lot less.

Sounds like you need a new washer on too me.good luck.

call a plumber.