Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

why do muslims oppose what the prophat sws said?

i only quote from sunni books ,please keep that in mind and look up the reffrencess i give

Holy Prophet said "Soon after my departure from this world, there will arise a disturbance. When it happens, you should follow Ali Bin Abi Talib since he will be the first person to see me and clasp hands with me on the Day of Judgement. He is exalted in rank and he is the distinguisher between right and wrong."

reffrences

Your notable ulema have narrated a number of hadith in this regard. Sheikh Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi in his Yanabiu'l-Mawadda, Chapter 16 quoting from Kitabu's-Sabi'in Fi Faza'il-e-Amiru'l-Mu'minin, Imamu'l-Haram Abu Ja'far Ahmad Bin Abdullah Shafi'i, in hadith XII related from Firdaus of Dailami of the seventy hadith, Mir Seyyed Ali Hamadani Shafi'i in Mawaddatu'l-Qurba, Mawadda - VI, Hafiz in his Amali, Muhammad Bin Yusuf Ganji Shafi'i in Kifayatu't-Talib, Chapter 44, relate, with slight difference in wording, on the authority of Ibn Abbas, Abi Laila Ghifari, and Abu Dhar

Best Answer

I agree with the first answerer that Ali Ra was the fourth caliph because at the time of Muhammad pbuh he was so youngSo it was impossible if Muhammad pbuh regarded Ali ra as trhe first rank.After Ali ra became the caliph there was a disturbance and Ali ra was the victim.

Ali ra did not regard himself and his discendants should be the caliph because in line with sunnah of Muhammad pbuh the caliph should be selected among the capable persons whose religion knowledge were the best.Ali ra did not say that all caliphs should be elected only from his descendants.

Mohammed Ishfaq:

I wouldn't call Ali's caliphate a complete failure, that is so disrespecting to Ali who is part of Ahlu Albait, even in our Sunnie faith.

Ali's caliphate was different than the previous 3, because during Ali's caliphate, he had a lot of Khawarij (Outlaws). He had to deal with Uthman's killer. He had to deal with the situation between the Muslims. All Sunnie scholars say that what Ali did in this regard was the right one.

Now back to the question:

I cannot play the reference game with you because I am not a scholar and I don't read a lot of books, I am basing my knowledge on debates between famous Sunnies scholars and famous Shia scholars.

In the debate, many of the Shia scholars used Hadiths narrated and found on Sunnies book, at the end in tured these hadiths were taking from the book of week Hadiths :)

I heard over 100 hours of debate between Shia/Sunnie on TV, radio, RL and between friends. I also lived with Shia and I have never heard of this hadith.

Ali had never been involved in any important decision making matters during the life span of Muhammad pbuh, only Abubakr Siddique, r.a.a. had been there as consultant of Muhammad pbuh and Umer Bin Khattab r.a.a. was the head of intelligence force of Islam to collect all secret info.

Ali had never been part of a governing body or any decision making meetings.

How Muhammad pbuh may say that Ali should be followed, when Ali was so young and inexperienced with lacking of political knowledge, Who when become 4rth Caliph, the Caliphate of complete failure.

Ali's own son Hassan r.a.a. had always been arguing with his father's aggressive and baseless policies during Ali's Caliphate of complete failure.

Source(s): Political failure does not have any kind of disrespect for him. We are suffering due to Fitnah of Shia'sm, it was all due to Ali's lacking of political knowledge. We should have right to blame to the responsible person. If he and his son Husain were not capable to management, why they had been so active to be a Caliph? to create several sect in Islam?

i wonder why sunni muslims can not accept the fact that abubaker and umar were not fit to be caliphs ,they went ahead against the wishes of the holy prophat sws and elected themselves as caliphs you can not change that in history abubaker and umar were never apointed caliph by the prophat sws rather imam Ali (as) was declared the successor to the holy prophat sws by the prophat sws himself!!

i can quote so many authentic ahadiths that prove my point,but ithink i have done that too much and all my sunni brothers will tell me is "we do not belive " but thats hardly surprising because the gloriouse quran says in chapter 2 verse 6 and 7 and 8

6. As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe.

7. Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).

8. Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe.

you guys can not handle the truth !!

because one of Mohammad grandson ( Fatima & Ali) will carry on Mohammad teaching n preaching.....