Blue987 asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Baby names with last name that starts with "V"?

I love names like:

Gavin

Oliver (hate nn Olie)

Evangeline (nn Evie)

Genevieve (nn Evie)

But my last names starts with "V" :o( Do you agree these names are too much with the "V" sounds?

- example Evie V__

I'm afraid it's too much alliteration. What do you think?

Thanks!

Update:

Okay, the last name is Vo - so it's really short.

Update 2:

Yeah, I don't like the nickname Gen or Jen, I'd rather go with Evie. Gen/Jen reminds me of Jennifer :-p

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I think that they are good with the last name... I would just stay away from rhyming! lol... but when it comes down to it- don't worry about what other people think.good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sometimes that alliteration works really well. And your kid ends up with a name that sounds like a super heros. I suppose it is your choice in the end.

And all the Genevieves I have ever known have been called Gen. If that helps at all. I seriously love that name, it is so classic and suits people of all ages. Good choice!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Girl: Janice, Jane, Jamie, Janaya, Jill, Jennifer, Jenny, Jennelle, Jessica, Julie Boy: James, Jericho, Jeremey, Jan, Jonathan, John, Johnny, Jacob, Jake

• 1 decade ago

I Like Gavin Oliver V.

Genevieve Aura V.

and also like

Victoria Erin V.

with the nickname Tory

also like

Morgan Elise V.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I think Evangeline Vo is very cute and Genevieve Vo is also sweet. Oliver Vo and Gavin Vo go really well.

• 1 decade ago

I would have to hear the last name to say for sure, but I don't think that Evie Vassar (for example) would sound bad.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Perhaps..............but I wouldn't let that stop ME, if I was crazy about a name and it had meaning for me and or my family. Love Gavin, Oliver is good, also. I too hated Ollie, but my nephew is an Ollie, and it suits him to a T, so now I think it's adorable just like him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are all outstandingly great names.

Vo is so cute ... everything goes with Vo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.