Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

18 and have some grey hairs?

Hello, My name is Jake. My hair is full and thick but I have grey hairs sitting around with my medium brown ones. And im talking enough that when someone I just met sits beside me they can point it out in a conversation. Is this normal or am I going to be like bald and grey hair by 30..

Favorite Answer

Jake,

When hair goes gray is partly genetics, and partly nutrition. Calcium seems to play a part in this. People who gray early, as you are beginning to do, have been observed to have osteoporosis early, too. You might want to supplement your diet with calcium-rich foods, and perhaps a calcium supplement. Your hair can be tinted darker if more gray develops and you don't want to see it.

Although many people claim stress makes you gray, it's never been demonstrated in empirical testing. The story is usually someone has had a very terrible accident and their hair turned white overnight. No one has ever been able to find anyone to whom this has happened. It's just an impressive story. No truth to it.

Source(s): I've been a hairdresser since 1970.
  • £acy

Grey hair in teenagers is pretty common. My brother had a few grey's when he was about 6 years old and he's 21 now and he still has the same amount of grey's as when he was a kid!

I think its normal, one of my guy friends started getting some grey hair when he was 18 and he just dyed it so people wouldn't know. I don't think it means you will be going bald, unless you have bald spots and are going grey lol? it is very common for guys to have some grey when they are young, and if it bothers you, you should just dye it.

Well allot of people that go Grey, do not go bald and vice versa. It's unfortunate, but natural to go Grey by 18. It happens to many people. I don't think you'll go bald, and if you do, not that much, but you will get more grey with age.

I started getting grey hairs when I was 11. It is a combination of stress and genetic factors, I think. My mom and grandma both got them young, and I study very hard.

So it is normal to have grey hairs, don't worry about it. If anything they make you look distinguished :)

• Lucky

people start turning grey at all different ages. don't worry, your not abnormal.

you can put a colour over it to colour grey. just use something similar to your natural hair colour and no one will know.

good luck Jake

its is normal if u wanna get rid of grey hairs then use some ayurvedic treatment or ayurvedic oil if u dont get any of this then apply lots of hairoil on ur head that is scalp

Stop Gray Hair Naturally : http://GrayHairGone.siopu.com/?YRW

yer ive heard it can sometimes be caused from stress.

but its also genetic, so if either one of your parents started going grey early its just unlucky.

oh no, call the emergency services we got an outbreak of grey hairs.