I don't get that new Verizon commercial with the mosquitoes...?

I don't understand why the nerdy but formerly helpful Verizon guy with the glasses is portrayed in this commercial as being really mean and letting a bunch of mosquitos out on a group of innocent campers. It turns the Verizon guy from a sympathetic character into a villian. Why would Verizon want to do this??

• Dippy
    Favorite Answer

The narrator is telling you, in so many words, that Verizon has already been out there, making sure that their network works even in the middle of nowhere. So when bad things happen, like getting attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes, you know that your phone will work, so that you can make other arrangements.

In the beginning part, the Verizon crew are out there, going over senarios about what could happen out there. Then it changes to their senario actually happening, and that the customers know that their phone will get reception.

I don't get that commercial either. Why would the Verizon guy do that? It's just a strange commercial.

i think it shows that whenever you REALLY need the phone verizon always has great service WHEREVER you are like the forest, most phones get bad reception in the forest but VERIZON will help you in the most desperate situations... :D