What's your favourite cheesecake recipe?
hi, i'm looking for some really good cheesecake recipes that people have made. What's your best recipe?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Pie
* Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
* 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 eggs
* 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour into pastry shell. Stir jam; drizzle over the filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl the jam. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.Source(s): I love TOH and have tried sooo many of their recipes. This is my favorite for cheesecake. Due to it's simplicity and success rate.
- 1 decade ago
i made up this recipe and it always kills!!! its so much better when you make your own crust too.
2 packages honey graham crackers
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
2 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
Preheat oven to 425° F.
For the crust: Put the graham crackers in a food processor and process until all the pieces are broken down to a sand-like consistency. Add the nuts and process until they are completely combined with the graham crackers. With the processor on, pour the butter in a slow steady stream, until the mixture looks bound together. Press the crust evenly into the bottom and a little up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside. For the filling: In a large bowl, mix together; cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and yolks. Add cinnamon, flour, cloves, and ginger. Blend together. Add cream and vanilla, and blend well. At this point, reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture. Add the pumpkin and blend until the color is even.
Pour the pumpkin filling into the prepared crust. Take the reserved mixture and create a design on top; a swirl, or pour thin lines across, from top to bottom, then take a knife and working perpendicular to the lines of white filling, run the knife through in similarly spaced lines.
Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 275 degrees F and bake for 1 more hour. Cool, then chill in the fridge overnight.
- 4 years ago
When I make cheesecake this is the recipe I use. It's a bit time consuming and pan cluttering but well worth it. It is a light fluffy variation and my favorite. Goes well with a light strawberry topping, nothing to heavy as you may squish the cake. Katie's Cheesecake or Woolworth's Cheesecake 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O (flavored gelatin) 1 cup boiling water 8 ounces cream cheese 1 cup granulated sugar 5 tablespoons lemon juice 1 can Carnation milk, well chilled almost icy but not quite Graham crackers, crushed (Can use digestive biscuits) Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Cool until slightly thickened. Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with mixer until smooth. Add thickened Jell-O and beat well. In a separate bowl, beat the Carnation milk until fluffy. Add cream cheese/Jell-O mixture and beat well with mixer. Line bottom of 9 x 13-pan with crushed Graham crackers. Spread filling over and top with more crushed Graham crackers. Chill
- 1 decade ago
i like to go to the cheesecake factory and get cheesecake there although i do make some pretty good cheesecake!!!! CHEESECAKE IS T HE BEST DESSERT EVER CREATED!!!!!!!!!Source(s): :D Bday in 15 days!!!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- DragonflygirlLv 71 decade ago
i love turtle cheesecake.
- georgiaroseLv 41 decade ago
My best is Jello no bake cheese cake from a box. That way I don't screw it up. lol
- 1 decade ago
This is one of my favorite cheesecake recipes - I like the various variations:
Makes 12 slices
Prep: 30 minutes
Chill: 4 hours
Bake: 35 minutes
Cool: 2 hours
Stand: 2 hours
1-1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375F. For crust, in a medium bowl stir together crushed graham crackers and the 1/3 cup sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press the crumb mixture onto bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan; Place the crust-lined springform pan on a double layer of 18x12-inch heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bring edges of foil up and mold around sides of pan to form a watertight seal.
2. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, the flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs. Pour into crust-lined pan. Place in a roasting pan and pour enough hot water around pan to reach halfway up the sides. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes for the 8-inch pan (35 to 40 minutes for the 9-inch pan) or until edges of cake are set but center jiggles a bit when pan is gently shaken. Turn oven off and let cheesecake sit in oven for 1 hour.
3. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
4. Mint and Chip Cheesecake: Prepare as directed above, except substitute chocolate-flavor graham crackers for the regular graham crackers in the crust. For the filling, add 1/4 teaspoon mint flavoring with the vanilla and substitute 1/4 cup green creme de menthe liqueur for the milk. After stirring in the eggs, stir in 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces. Bake and cool as directed. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, just before serving, drizzle slices with purchased fudge sauce.
5. Honey-Nut Cheesecake: Before serving, top chilled cheesecake with 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds and if desired, 1/2 cup fresh raspberries. Drizzle with 1/4 cup honey. Slice and serve cheesecake as directed.
6. Turtle Cheesecake: Before serving, drizzle individual slices with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon each of purchased caramel ice cream topping and chocolate-flavored syrup. Sprinkle each slice with about 1 tablespoon chopped dry-roasted peanuts.
7. Chocolate Bar Cheesecake: Before serving, top chilled cheesecake with 1 cup of one or more flavors of chopped chocolate candy bars, such as chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, chocolate-covered English toffee, chocolate-covered nougat bars, milk chocolate, and/or dark chocolate. If desired, drizzle each slice with purchased butterscotch, caramel, mocha chocolate, or chocolate fudge sauce.
8. Fruit-topped Cheesecake: In a 1--quart saucepan heat 1/3 cup of Orange marmalade or desired flavor fruit preserves just until spoonable. Top cheesecake with 1 to 2 cups fresh fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, halved sweet cherries, or sliced strawberries or peaches; drizzle with heated preserves.