Honda CBR 125R or Kawasaki Ninja 250 ?

I've ridden dirtbikes before and I'm looking to get my first sportbike. I'm 16 years old and debating on these two bikes , I already have my licence and am a decent rider . I'm 5,7 130 pounds. Would 125cc be enough for me ? 250 to much at first ? I'd like your opinions ( and dont count responsibility of going to fast cause I'm not a crazy kid , just one that likes the fuel economy and convenience of having a motorcycle.

Favorite Answer

ninja 250R hast best reviews for a beginner bike, go for that one in my oppinion

Kawasaki Ninja 250

I would definately go with the Ninja. If you're already experienced you're going to find the CBR125 pretty tame, you'll get bored on it also you'll find highway speeds and carrying passengers or even a remotely heavy backpack to be difficult and you'll be working up and down the gearbox constantly.

I've ridden my mate's CBR125R and I would only reccomend it to people who are learning or as an alternative to a scooter for people who live in decent sized cities. It's a pretty gutless bike.

Haven't ridden the Ninja but i can only guess that at double the capacity and double the cylinders it's going to have a significant amount of extra zing.

If your looking between those two I'd go with the ninja, but the 600 cc bikes have a little more power and you'll probably want to move up to one pretty quickly any ways I'm twenty just A little taller than you and about the same weight and can handle the cbr600rr with no problems.

The 08 250 is a great bike and looks better than some supersports..