Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Temari
Lv 6
Temari asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

How close is too close?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Close

To me

Close enough

Is when you're near

With me all the time

So I may see your face

And enjoy your smile daily

But to say that would be too close

That would not be the term that I use

When speaking of you, it's not close enough

• 1 decade ago

They say 'familiarity breeds contempt" so I'd say some distance is good. No specific measurement to offer however.

Always retain some mystery.

If driving in a car a whole car length is recommended and at greater speeds the distance should increase. (as well as in wet weather).

• Bomfy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

There is no answer to your question because it is different for everyone and every situation. To close is when you feel a desire to start to distance yourself from it, how close that is is person and situation dependent.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're talking about a relationship -

When two people believe on each other more than themselves.

If its about a desire-

If you can't see(concentrate) on anything except for the the thing you desire.

About God:-

When you can achieve the state of samadhi.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

When its close enough to realise its time to step back, then its to close

• 1 decade ago

swing in a circle with your arms out, if anyone is too close, they'll feel it.

swing really fast so it hurts

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends on what you're talking about, but if your talking personal space I'd say an arms length.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When snooping begins it's too close.

• 1 decade ago

Well if their breath stinks than tooooo close...but if they smell good and they are hott then never close enough!!

• Dave
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Trick question ;) space is an illusion. I'm pretty sure time is not, but I can't really argue that point conclusively.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.