Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

le sabre asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Lebron James' natural skills?

I think him being 6 ft 8 who has awesome strength and build who is naturally gifted as a guard who can slash and drive to the lane at will. he also have a good court vision and dribbling skills.

other than that, he's all power and leadership.

problem is, they all expect him to do good in draining threes and jump shots.

so what can he do as a franchise player? he has to develop these shots but he can only go as much. he never could be ray allen or reggie miller or magic johnson. he could never shoot ala nowitzki or michael redd.

i think that, he doesn't always choke during end games, because if you really are not a clutch shooter, there's not much you can do. his free throws are not that good either.

if he can tone down his play a bit and just play like a bigger jason kidd without having to worry about carrying too much of his team, then he'll find his niche in the nba.

too bad, he's already cast as a nike superstar.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I see your point and the good news is that LeBron is really finding his three's now. His percentage has gone up around 34% and that's not a bad percentage.

Now with young guys on their team i think in the future he will definatel win some rings.

• 1 decade ago

The guy before me hit it right on the head. Great players find ways to make themselves better. I hate Kobe, but he realized that scoring 80 pts would get him a ring, the man changed the game and did what he had to do to make his team better, thus making hisself better.

Lebron needs to add a jumpshot to his game, without it he will not win big. The Celtics have put together the perfect game plan to slow him down.

• 1 decade ago

you have to remember that Michael Jordan was not a great shooter out of college but developed into a great shooter later into his career after realizing that he was getting older and could not always rely on his athletic ability and first step. His outside shot has gotten better and will continue to get better as he matures and is in the league longer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.