What are the differences between the Romeo and Juliet Book and the Movie?
10 of the differences from the movie made by Baz Luhrmann
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
romeo wasn't leonardo dicaprio
- Iknowstuff...Lv 51 decade ago
1. guns instead of swords.
2. set in todays time.
3. Instead of horses they're in cars.
4. When they crash the party they are on drugs.
5. The prince is the "cheif of police" athority.
6. In the movie there is a standoff with the police.
7. Mercucio is Black in the movie- different races used as in the book it is just Italians.
8. They are older in the movie. Late Teens.
9. In the end she does not fall on a sword but shoots herself in the head.
10. The scenes are set up in different localities to deal with todays society. Such as in the first scene instead of the counsin meeting on the street they meet at a gas station where the shooting begins.Source(s): My daughter loves the movie.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
The book is painful to read and the movie isn't bad