JD asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

Good song for a tap dance trio?

We have a few ideas as to what type of dance we want.

We either want to be:

* oldies, parasol-carrying girls (think supercalafragilisticexpealidocious)

* sailors (boogie woogie bugle boy?)

* mechanics/plumbers/carpenters/laborers type deal

i know those three are very diverse, but we are a flexible group! so does anyone know of any songs that suit these themes? thanks!

• Cat
    Favorite Answer

I was in a tap show a couple of months ago and we were sailors dancing to Candyman by Christina Aguilera

hey,

im a tap teacher and i think for a trio, fever, the old-fashioned song, would be really good.

Unless you want to do classic parasol - singing in the rain kind of thing.

I hope thats of some help as im not sure how old you all are, but im guessing advanced so if you do a slower song you can show off easily.

nicely you could attempt the hot music by potential of Beyonce and Shakira. That has an exceedingly distinctive beat and that i've got self belief it would sound good if it went to tapping as nicely. additionally attempt Wind It Up by potential of Gwen Stefani. You adult males can do a time-honored dance to it and at a undeniable area of the music, you adult males basically all commence tapping. it would be relatively cool! :)

My dance teacher always uses older things but I can't remember all of the more advanced ones. One I can remember is 'Nothing like a Dame' (sailors), and there was also the one that goes 'Pack all your troubles in your old kit bag' (wartime). You could do flapper-styley to the Charleston, or there's 'Me Ol' Bamboo' (from Mary Poppins) which would be good.

Sorry I can't remember more - I'll come back if any come to me.

Beatle Bailey... Just the music it's good and shpws off your talent nice for the oldies type.

• Shake your grove thang, or remixes on itunes, you could do workout songs and have you do different things at "work", or do songs from musicals like, sound of music, pirates of penzance

If you want to be sailors think candyman or aint no other man but you..... lol