How do I calculate how many Weight Watchers points I can eat?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I am trying to start weight watchers but cannot afford it! I need to know how to calculate my points allowance per day. I found one post on here that helped, but didn't tell me ...show more
Best Answer
Considering you are inquiring about how many points allowed per day, I am assuming you plan to follow the "Flex Plan" (there are two options- Flex and Core).

To find your daily points allowance, give yourself the number of points listed next to the option that fits your situation best:

Your sex:
If you are female- score 2 points
If you are male- score 8
If you are nursing- score 12

Your age:
17 to 26- score 4
27 to 37- score 3
38 to 47- score 2
48 to 58- score 1
Over 58- score 0

Your current weight:
Enter the first 2 digits of your weight in pounds. If you are 175 lbs for example, you would enter "17".

Your height:
under 5'1"- score 0
5'1" to 5'10"- score 1
Over 5'10"- score 2

Your activity level on most days of the week, how do you spend your day?:
sitting down- score 0
occassionally sitting, but mostly standing- score 2
walking most of the time- score 4
doing physically hard work most of the time- score 6

Add up all your scored points- that is your daily points target.

As you celebrate your birthday, increase your daily activity, or as you lose weight, you will need to keep retaking this quiz to most accurately figure your points allowance.

Keep in mind that people who attend Weight Watchers meetings lose 3x more than those who go at it alone. To find a meeting location near you or to find out the current price promotions for membership, please look at their website:
www.weightwatchers.com

Source:

Current Weight Watchers member....joined November 2007 and as of today only have 5 more pounds till I meet my goal weight!
  • 4
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • g1492j answered 6 years ago
    Go to this website and print off all the information, food lists, etc. It is the WW program from a woman named Dottie. It is completely free and teaches you how to do the WW Flex Point plan without paying for the meetings.
    www.dwlz.com (that stands for Dottie's Weight Loss Zone)

Good Luck!!!!!
    • 4
    • Comment
  • addygirl216@sbcglobal.net answered 6 years ago
    You have to have a 'points finder' that you have to get from a weight watcher center - I have a friend that joined for one month (online it's like $29 for a month), went to the first couple of meetings and got all of the information, and then cancelled her membership and tried to do it on her own after that - I think you get a lot from attending the weekly weigh-in and meeting, but you could try that -
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Cyberweasel answered 6 years ago
    If I were you, I would stay away from weight watchers. There foods claim to have 0 grams of trans fat, but if you read the label they contain hydrogenated oils, which are pure trans fat. How can they get away with this? The FDA states that if a food product has .5 grams or less of trans fat, the company can go ahead and claim 0 grams trans fat. Now considering the American Heart Association states you should have less than 2 grams of trans fat per day...do you really want to go with a corporation that dupes people on their product labels?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock