Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Hey Everyone! Whiach of these 3 Films were your favourite & why? Best Answer Award up for Grabs!?

"Titanic" - 1997/ Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet - won 11

Academy Awards.

"American Beauty" - 2000/ Kevin Spacey & Annette Benning -

won 6 Academy Awards.

or

"King Kong" - 2005/ Naomi Watts/ Jack Black & Adrien Brody

- won 4 Academy Awards.

These are my top 3 movies of all time! Anyone out there agree with any of the choices???

Yeah Christine B - American Beauty's CLASS! Great movie!

Best Answer

Sorry, but, I thought this version of Titanic was over rated.

I liked the King Kong movie much better, even though it was the 4th remake of the film. I think it's great that film technology has come so far since the first King Kong was made in the earlier part of the 20th century.

I read the original book and wondered if they would ever be able to do it justice on the silver screen. This latest version was pretty damn close. I would like to have seen more of the book in this version, but, that's Hollywood for you!

RNW, I went on the YWSE Website the other day and I did a little looking around. I noticed that there is no section on there to commemorate "#1 Contenders." There is no Slammy Award for "Best #1 Contender" so My question for you is Why the hell are you so damn happy about being the #1 Contender? I mean, really, It's not like you are going to capitalize on the opprotunity. You have been #1 Contender for a belt of mine before and you lost, why the blue hell would you think that this time would be any different? This time the odds even favor you a little but more on the grounds that you could pin a less qualified superstar like The Raven Effect and walk out with My Title. That puts me at a disavantage, but I was at a disadvantage in the Royal Rumble and I came out the winner. I know how difficult it is to defend a World Title and I am more ready this time.I will not be caught off guard like I was during my first World Title reign. When WBHF Speaks, You Had Better Listen

• twoges

American Beauty because it stars Kevin Spacey and Annette Benning.

I would say titanic. The great special effects and it was partially based on a true story. I mean with the exception of the Jack Dawson and Rose rich girl poor guy part. The boat looked as real as it did the day they commissioned it. The story had a little humor and seriousness that all fit together.

Titanic is the best movie. King Kong was ok. I've never seen American Beauty. Is it worth watching?

Titanic

Titanic cause

King Kong was terrible

and American Beauty was trendy and kinda perverted

Although, all three were good films that everyone should watch. My favorite would have to be "American Beauty."

It was definitely a talk about type of movie. It is intelligent, provocative, shocking, and all too real. It is entertaining, and calls its viewers to take a closer look at their own lives.

American Beauty is the winner of 5 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Cinematography, Best Director, and Best Writing.

" American Beauty appeared on over 275 Top 10 lists and was named Best Picture of the Year by over 65 critics... Sam Mendes ( Directors Guild of America Award) debuted by teaming with screenwriter Alan Ball ( Writer's Guild of America Award) to capture critics and audiences. " *

I recommend this film for everyone 17 and older, since it is rated "R." It is for mature audiences due to strong sexual references, language, minor drug use, and some violence.

Source(s): *DreamWorks Pictures of DreamWorks LLC, 2007

King Kong was a great story! Titanic was too cheesy for me ! American Beauty i never saw ! Going with the King!

Out of the 3 you listed, Titanic.

I like true stories and it was just a great movie!