Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Travelling to Russia?

Wondering if anyone has travelled to Russia lately? I am planning to go next summer when I will be 18. Most people have told me its too dangerous. I will be staying in Moscow. I would love to hear any advice or personal stories. Thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • mark k
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Having lived in Russia for 7 years and being an American, I would have to say that You would have a great time visiting Russia. I wouldn't worry too much about your safety; it's no more dangerous in cities here than other cities in the world. You just need to use the same precautions you would use anywhere when traveling.

It would be well worth your while to spend some of the next year as you prepare to go, learning the Russian language. You'll enjoy yourself a lot more if you can understand and be understood.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah ive been there last year and am going in a week again its safe just mind your own business and watch you purse alot of pick pockets there lol but keep in mind Russia is home to the most dangerous,brutal,sophistcated gangsters so if you see murder run away lol

• Dmitry
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Welcome!

Cities in Russia is not dangerous American.

tips - http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Russia...

Source(s): I'm live in Moscow
  • 1 decade ago

i have not but my best friend has traveled back and forth to russia for 6 summers now she was born there and has said it is safe but a very long trip

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

russia is pretty safe(well, you wouldnt want to go around all dressed up at like 2 am, but at day time its ok, and clubs are pretty safe), but moscow is very borring....i would prefer saint-petersburg, really

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.