Mortgage broker that deals with low credit score???

I need help, my husband and I have been turned down for a mortgage a couple times. He has absolutely no credit history, I have a low-middle score. We have recently found a rent to own which is okay for now but is verrrry small and we don't own the land. I know that we can't stay there forever, but... show more I need help, my husband and I have been turned down for a mortgage a couple times. He has absolutely no credit history, I have a low-middle score. We have recently found a rent to own which is okay for now but is verrrry small and we don't own the land. I know that we can't stay there forever, but worried our credit won't be good enough by that time. We would like to have a family but I'd like to be a little more secure before that happens. God, I hate money. Why is it that other people that have worse credit than us can get approved???? Does anyone know a trick that can help us along????
Update: sorry, forgot to mention I'm in Alberta, Canada, if that matters