Hi everyone, If you were a top comtributor and that were taken from you, when do you get it back?

I had the honor of being one of the top comtributors here in question and answer, but because (they said) I violated the community guidline, it were taken from me plus 10 points. I now have over 5.000 points (level 5) and would love to have that honor back (the orange label) Will I get it back? If so then at what level?

Favorite Answer

TC badges are based on participation.

If you have been gone from the site it will take time to gain back your badge.

No one knows exactly what Yahoo's criteria is for awarding the badges because they don't spell it out. Just keep on giving quality answers and I'm sure you will earn it back in no time.

Sunday is when the point balances and Best Answer percentages are talllied. Your badge will re-appear on a Monday.

It is all random. There is no telling when you would get the honor back. However, I have learned from experience, (I was once a top contributor), that it is an honor I don't want. Some people are jealous and petty on this site and I have found that when you have that little badge under your name, you become a target. Every tiny infraction someone tends to submit your name as an offender and you will get more violations. I purposely did not answer questions on here for a long time because I didn't like the label due to "violation faeries" that liked to try to slam me for every little thing. Believe me, you are better off without the tag.

Source(s): Past Top contributor

You have to raise your number of answer and best answer in that category to get the badge back again. If you don't spend a lot of time in the section for a week or so your badge may be taken away, but you can get it back. There is really no set time. I got mine taken away once and I got it back in two weeks.

You can get it back by answering lots of questions and earn lots of best answers. It does not depend on Level. It depends on how many best answers and how are you active in a particular category.

You just need to earn it back. it has nothing dto do with your point total as much as your best answers in whatever category you choose to excel in

You have to earn many points again

until you get your points back.

7th level im pretty sure

I was never top contributer :(