Canadian citizen filing taxes in United States, from Canada?

Hi all,

I have a pretty straight-forward question: I am a Canadian citizen, who lived and worked in the U.S. until August of last year (2007). I moved back to Canada and recently filed my taxes, and mailed them (can't e-file from Canada) about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know a phone number I can call to simply confirm the receipt of the paperwork on the American side? I am due a refund, and would definitely like to get it.

I have tried the website, but it's useless for International refunds from Canada. Calling the 1-800 numbers doesn't get through, presumably because they are for calls within the U.S.

Help...?! And thanks!

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:

    Internal Revenue Service

    P.O. Box 920

    Bensalem, PA 19020

    Or you may telephone or FAX the Philadelphia Service Center office at:

    Tel: 215-516-2000 (not toll-free)

    Fax: 215-516-2555

    Phone service available from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm (EST) M-F

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • kelm
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    i think of that's an excellent thought, and state's could desire to have the the excellent option to do what they desire. it extremely is sickening how the federal government violates state's and person's rights each and every time they experience like it. as an prolonged way because of the fact the tax cuts being only non everlasting, if human beings have greater money to spend, and make investments, and the economic equipment flourishes because of the fact of it, there will be no desire for the extra gross sales by applying reinstating the taxes, human beings would be making greater money and paying greater taxes. it extremely is how sound economics works, no longer this junk Obama calls stimulus.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Just don't expect the agents at the IRS to be as friendly as the ones at CRA ;)

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.