some questions about canada?

What events led to world war 1?

How did canadians repsond to britain's declaration of war against germany?

Why did participation in the war effort change the canadian way of life?

Where did canadian troops make a significant contribution to winning the war?

How did world war 1 differ from any previous war?

Why did the need for recruits create a political crisis in canada?

How did world war 1 force Britain and the world to change their view of Canada?

thank you i appreciate it alot. if you can help me answer even only a couple that would be great. however, i don't appreciate the individuals that leave hate answers. thanks again.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What events led to world war 1?

Well this really had nothing to do with canada at the time foreing policy was controlled by brittain when brittain declared war on germany for entering Belgium we were at war. from a global perspective WW1 begain when the Archduke France Ferdinand was assasinated in Serajevo, Austria-Hungary issued Serbia an Ultimatum so that they could investigate the assasination, Serbia reffused and Austria-Hungary invaded

How did canadians repsond to britain's declaration of war against germany?

Why did participation in the war effort change the canadian way of life?

Where did canadian troops make a significant contribution to winning the war?

Ypres, Vimmy Ridge

How did world war 1 differ from any previous war?

I was the first mechanised war

Why did the need for recruits create a political crisis in canada?

Canada Introduced Consription toward the end of WW1 and french speaking canadians were highly opposed because they felt canada had no place in the war

How did world war 1 force Britain and the world to change their view of Canada?

We kicked ***...jk...Canadian troops were very strong and well co-ordinated and able to take strong points like vimmy ridge...(Frace failed at capturing this point multiple times)

thank you i appreciate it alot. if you can help me answer even only a couple that would be great. however, i don't appreciate the individuals that leave hate answers. thanks again.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Canadians were required to go abroad and fight for the British Crown; many loyalists didn't have a problem with it, but others, feeling that Canadians were considered second-rate citizens of the British Empire or that they weren't subject of the crown, felt that they would be used simply as cannon fodder or human shield for the British troops.

So naturally, when the Government instigated a conscription, or forced participation to the war, many (especially in the Quebec Province) either rebelled against it or went into hiding.

Those who did go however fought with little-to-no training, inadequate gear and murky leadership, but still fought valiantly and relentlessly. Canadians were thus starting to be viewed as a people who forget their own interests and welfare to go help a friend in need, as well as a people with great courage.

As for the cause, it is intricately webbed into European political history. In a nutshell though, the immediate cause what the assination of Franz Ferdinand, heir to the throne of the Austria-Hungary alliance, by a Serb terrorist. Hungary declared war on Serbia as retaliation, which triggered a series of pacts and treaties between world powers where some were bound to join others if they were under attack, or forced others into joining their allied if non-aggression deals were disregarded. As I said, a little complex to explain briefly...

• 1 decade ago

it sounds like you need this for a test. i recommend going to wikipedia. you will probably find it more helpful than yahoo answers.

• 1 decade ago

1| copy

2| paste

3| to google sea. bar

4| click GO

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.