My bf just got a 72 Charger what do u think? Is it just going to be a head ach? The car isn't running.?

Favorite Answer

great car but be prepared to spend some money getting it going and restoring it and keeping it up, have fun.

Well theres an old saying "if it has **** or tires it's gonna give probs".. lol

Project cars is a long term thing.. Most people put 2-20 years into thier car restore/build up..

It's said they are never finished.. Owners are always wanting to upgrade something.

I have 5 years time and $15,000 into my camaro so far and it aint finished.. Still needs paint.

Myself I love the chargers. They are good cars but any car will give trouble so thats a given.

• Redeft

Great car! Just don't paint it orange with an 01 on the side! As far as a headache, it depends on the condition of the body/engine and if he plans to restore it or turn it into a street machine. If he plans to restore it he should find out the history of it through car-fax. If he plans to modify it, the history is just as important to find out the details of any severe body damage(i.e.- frame damage) that could affect the drivability of it. My advice is to take your time and have fun! Restoring/Modifying a car of that vintage is a labor of love.

Good luck!

• 707

Depends on how much money you have to dump into it. My opinion is those later Chargers are not as popular or desirable as the older ones.